Post-Update testing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Post-Update testing

I'm at about 7 hours into my day with LTE, Wifi and Bluetooth on and display at Medium brightness and the battery is down to 45%.  The reception in my building is pretty crappy to boot so it's flipping between LTE, 4G, 3G and EDGE a lot.

Tomorrow I'm going to try and setting it to 3G only.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So the phone ended up on Battery Saver about 10-11 hours with the Cellular setting set to 4G.   I've put it on 3G today and we'll see what that does.

Interestingly, (and this may be a symptom of my location, the phone keps bounging between Edge, 3G and LTE (and not touching HSPA+) when set to 4G.   It does get to HSPA+ on 3G but I'm still seeing it bounce between frequencies a lot.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Mine bounces between 3G and HSPA+ (4G) occasionally.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Anirask wrote:

So the phone ended up on Battery Saver about 10-11 hours with the Cellular setting set to 4G.   I've put it on 3G today and we'll see what that does.

Interestingly, (and this may be a symptom of my location, the phone keps bounging between Edge, 3G and LTE (and not touching HSPA+) when set to 4G.   It does get to HSPA+ on 3G but I'm still seeing it bounce between frequencies a lot.

There is a hidden menu u can try at your own risk .. ##DATA# .. once ur in, go to setting  and you can toggle stuff .. again try at ur own risk .. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Another thing I'm noticing is that when the screen is locked, holding the camera button doesn't always bring up the camera. Pre-network fix it did.