Post-Update testing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Post-Update testing

Here's what I'm seeing from the update released today:

Versions

Firmware: 2175.1002.8107.12084 (changed from 2175.1000.8107.12082)

Purple Keyboard on Low brightness: Still an issue.  Rogers is shipping me a replacement device but it's currently backordered.

Temporary workaround: Set your brightness to default to Medium.'

Network Connectivity: post update, everything seems to be working very well now.

Tethering: Worked like a charm as well

MMS: Working too

Battery Life: I'll run for a day or two and post my findings.  Will leave it on LTE for a day and then normal 3G only the next

******* Edit labels ********

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Post-Update testing

Still seeing mostly 3G connections, even here in Vancouver where my Samsung Focus S regularly showed 4G.  I noted that the L900 did 'try' to connect to the LTE network here in Vancouver, but I don't have an LTE data plan or SIM, since I live in Victoria.

I have seen the 'purplish' keyboard, but I note that it becomes greyer when the screen brightens up -- either automatically, or, as noted above, if you default it to Medium.

/drt
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It's supposed to be gray at all screen brightness levels.   My LG Quantum was ok in this respect.

If you look at everything else at low brightness, you'll notice that all the colors are also slightly off.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Can you try visual voicemail ? Can you see that tab ?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My setup has my work phone number ringing both to my Lumia and the office and if none answer, my work phone gets the VM so I don't have a VM plan =/   Sorry

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hmmm...  I did have a couple of Wifi hiccups before the update but mostly everything was working fine.

Did the update anyway (I'm just that kind of guy...), noticed snappier response which is nice.

BUT - I no longer have any cellular data, and worse - callers can't hear me, and I can't hear them!  Through the handset, speaker, wired headset, bluetooth - none of it works.

This sucks...  Rogers level 1 support didn't know what to do, other than direct me to call Nokia.  On hold with them now...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I got update as well.

But tethering is still not working,don't know how you test that?I got my ipod touch connect to my lumia 900,it connected successful,but it can not open any website or it is open very slow,should not be that slow.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Can anybody who test tethering successful show the details step?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

My terthering works in LTE and 4G (3G). 🙂

It is fudging fast!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@stevenliu12 wrote:

Can anybody who test tethering successful show the details step?

Mine stopped working .. guess my new 6GB Plan is coming to effect on May 8th .. I am only going to call after May 8th ..