Possible to have this kind of Channel package?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Possible to have this kind of Channel package?

I watch very specific things, and only these things:

City TV

CNN

Raptors

Blue Jays

That is all.  What is the most cost effective way to have these only? 

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Possible to have this kind of Channel package?

@ctatham wrote:

I watch very specific things, and only these things:

City TV

CNN

Raptors

Blue Jays

That is all.  What is the most cost effective way to have these only? 

There is no current way with Rogers to have only those 4 things.  But I think you knew that already....

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

ah, actually I didn't.  The recent changes to basic packages got me wondering then the byzantine ways of viewing such information on the rogers site caused me to pose the question here.

Thanks

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think City TV is available in every package including the lowest one, not sure if CNN is a la cart yet, and if not, you might have to wait until December for the next batch of a la cart.

As for Raptors and Bluejays, you listed sports teams and not actual channels. I just want you to be aware in the case of the Raptors, their games are spread across different Networks. so you need to know which network airs the games and which channels it is on.

You can't call up Rogers and say I want to order the Raptors. You would have to say I want TSN 4 and Sportsnet 1. You might be offered a sports package which contains those channels as well as other channels you might not want. If you are a sports fanatic, you would know which networks air the games and that would help you order them, but sometimes the agent on the phone does not know those specific details and they do not need to know them, its the customers job ultimately to order the channels they want.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Right now they have started offering the 'skinny basic'.. overall which you can find more info on here.

http://redboard.rogers.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Starter-Packages-Feb-24-2016.pdf

Currently you HAVE To get the base $25 package (but that would cover your citytv).
You can then add on SMALLER packages.

$25 + 18 for the TSN plus? (assuming this covers your sports ones) + 10 for CNN in the US news package.

Thats $48?  So it may be lower than what you are paying currently (not knowing your current package).  But not neccessarily by a whole bunch.

By December though, they should have the more FULL pick and pay available.  You will still have to pay for the skinny basic ($25) but should be able to just add SPECIFIC channels to it then.  No clud on the pricing.. but may be able to save a BIT more than with current skinny + packages.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Gdkitty wrote:

Right now they have started offering the 'skinny basic'.. overall which you can find more info on here.

http://redboard.rogers.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Starter-Packages-Feb-24-2016.pdf

Currently you HAVE To get the base $25 package (but that would cover your citytv).
You can then add on SMALLER packages.

$25 + 18 for the TSN plus? (assuming this covers your sports ones) + 10 for CNN in the US news package.

Thats $48?  So it may be lower than what you are paying currently (not knowing your current package).  But not neccessarily by a whole bunch.

By December though, they should have the more FULL pick and pay available.  You will still have to pay for the skinny basic ($25) but should be able to just add SPECIFIC channels to it then.  No clud on the pricing.. but may be able to save a BIT more than with current skinny + packages.

He'll need the Sportsnet pack too for Raptors and Blue Jays, so toss another 18 on top of that.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I dont watch sports, so I have no clue as to what airs where 😛

If they need both TSN and Sportsnet, then yes would need both $18 packages.

BUT if they only need one or the other, pricing would still be the same as i listed.