Porting from Rogers to Fido

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Porting from Rogers to Fido

I kinda want to port my number over from Rogers to Fido, the sales representative said it's $100 dollars but is the price different if I've been ported from Fido to Rogers before?

Basically. I want to port from Rogers -> Fido. But I've ported from Fido -> Rogers before, but I want to port back.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Porting from Rogers to Fido

Welcome to the Community @Jle16

The best time to do it would be at the end of your contract. This would be ideal as you wouldn't incur any charges for cancelling your service before the end of your commitment end date.

If you would like to cancel right away, you would only need to pay off your remaining FlexTab.

Once your decision is taken, you can contact Fido to activate your new service with them and have your Rogers number ported over.

If there is anything we can do to keep you as our customer please let us know!

RogersAsif

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello zstizzlee

Since you ported from Fido to Rogers for free, that was the only discount they will give u to port to the sister company. Now that u want to port back to Fido, you will either need to pay the Flextab amount which is the device owing amount OR cancellation fee + $12.50 disconnection fee. The $100 port to fido is ONLY if you never ported between both companies and is given out to some customers.

So you will NOT pay the $100 BUT u will pay the cancellation fee or flextab fee.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hello,

My contract ends October 2, 2015. 

I would like to switch to Fido and port my number. When is the best time to do it without incurring fees? I'm fine with staying with Rogers until my contract is done.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Welcome to the Community @Jle16

The best time to do it would be at the end of your contract. This would be ideal as you wouldn't incur any charges for cancelling your service before the end of your commitment end date.

If you would like to cancel right away, you would only need to pay off your remaining FlexTab.

Once your decision is taken, you can contact Fido to activate your new service with them and have your Rogers number ported over.

If there is anything we can do to keep you as our customer please let us know!

RogersAsif

View solution in original post