cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a number to Rogers

cccrozier
I've Been Around

I have a mobile phone number with Bell, and want to change this to Rogers New rogers mobile and home phone service if which I received in the mIL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Porting a number to Rogers

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello cccrozier

I suggest removing your number. You need to contact Rogers & have them port your phone number over to Rogers from Bell. This is how it works. Or go to your local Rogers store & have them do the port over.

-----------------------

Update 

When bringing a telephone number from another service provider, you would need to make sure that the telephone number and the account are still active with the current service provider. If the number is suspended or cancelled, we can’t port it.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello cccrozier

I suggest removing your number. You need to contact Rogers & have them port your phone number over to Rogers from Bell. This is how it works. Or go to your local Rogers store & have them do the port over.

-----------------------

Update 

When bringing a telephone number from another service provider, you would need to make sure that the telephone number and the account are still active with the current service provider. If the number is suspended or cancelled, we can’t port it.

greentimbers
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi there

I have just bought an iphone 5s directly from apple and will be using it to replace my existing iPhone 5.

I would like to add a friend onto my plan using my old iPhone, can we just port over her existing number to my iPhone.

She is currently on Chatr

Thanks

JohhnyRockets
I'm a Trusted Contributor

The general rule of thumb to port a number is to let the new provider look after all of the details. In this case, Rogers would do the porting. Do not inform Chatr that you are leaving and switching to Rogers. If you do that, they may in fact cancel the old number. I went through the same thing, only in reverse. When we wanted to cancel Rogers Wireless and switch to a new provider, we informed the new provider of our intention to port over our Rogers number and within a half hour, it was completed. You should be able to visit a Rogers outlet and do the same thing to port the number over from Chatr.

Thank you , we will do that

I just switched to Rogers today. I asked to have my number ported from Freedom.
Its been nearly 4 hours and I'm still on the "temporary" number. However I got a weird email 3 hours after activation that said there were changes to my account , see changes below, and it shows "phone number: <new number>" I'm worried my old number just simply didn't port.

Tried calling Rogers but I get a busy tone. Can't even wait on hold.

Hello @applepie2124,

Welcome to the Forums & Thanks for your contribution!

I'm sincerely hoping you were able to resolve your port-in issue since you originally posted.

I most definitely want to help you sort things if they are not resolved yet.

Is your Freedom Mobile line cancelled at this time?

You need to ensure that the line remain active in order to have the ability to port it out, and have your temporary number replaced by your existing one.

If you're still having a hard time reaching one of our representatives, please get in touch with us privately by sending a message to @CommunityHelps.

If you're not familiar with how to PM us, follow the directions provided in this Blog

RogersMaude

No, I have yet to resolve the issue. Yes my account is still open
I will pm you

Hi, I'm having the same issue. I switched to rogers this afternoon at around 12:30pm and it's now 10 hours later and still have my temporary number. I was with PC Mobile and my account was still active. I do not want to lose my number.

Hi there @Ericamaringka,

Thanks for taking the time to bring this up to our attention.

I know how important it is to keep a phone number you've had for quite some time.

Please take a look at post 7 of of 9, above. You'll see how to get in touch with us.

I'm confident I'll be able to assist you and hpefully resolve the problem as soon as possible!

Looking forward to your message in the @CommunityHelps inbox!

RogersMaude

DogDrahrepus
I've Been Around

Hi I just joined rogers and am planning to cancel my contract with telus. However I ported my rogers number with telus using the telus website as it says "swap your numbers with an existing one you have". Of course I did not read up on it further and completed the proccess. Now that I read that porting a number cancels whatever contract you had on that number. Is there anyway to reverse this? Or should I go in to both telus and rogers first thing in the morning? Thanks.

Might be best yeah if you went in..

In most cases when  you are porting a number to another company, it cancels the other older account.
As in most cases your moving the number from A to B and not using A anymore.. so it sort of tells the old company to process the cancellation.

Ported Number To Rogers -- cannot not make or receive calls

I ported my number from Koodo to Rogers earlier today, I waited for my Koodo service to stop working as instructed by the agent at the Rogers store, I put the Rogers SIM card into my iPhone, but now I can neither make nor receive calls at my ported number.

Hi there @echeverrio,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know.

I'm sorry to learn you're experiencing an issue with the telephone number port. 

I am hoping this situation is resolved by now and that you're back at being able to place and receive phone calls.

If not, please take a look at post 7 of of 9, above. You'll see how to get in touch with us via private message.

We'll be able to access your account and hopefully resolve the problem in a timely manner!

Looking forward to your PM in the @CommunityHelps inbox!

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 in conversation