cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port In Virtual Line

b-ry
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Don't think Rogers has it but, does Rogers have an option for me to Port in another number to be used as a virtual number?

Assuming not, does the community have a service/app they would recommend?

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Port In Virtual Line

Hi @b-ry! We don't offer VOIP services at this time. We could only offer you a home phone or wireless in this case. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RogersCorey

Good morning @b-ry!

Porting in another number from a virtual line is not entirely cut or dry but we do certainly understand how important it is to carry your phone number with you.

We may be able to do this. Please PM us @CommunityHelps so we can verify if this number is eligible or not. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

b-ry

Thanks for the reply @RogersCorey

So I don't want to port-in from a virtual line...

What I'd like to do is take a physical cellular line and have it ported in to some sort of virtual line -- and with that line, I would like to be able to make, as well as receive, calls/txts from that number. But I don't want a second phone and I don't have a dual sim phone and keeping my current number is just as important.

That is a horse of a different colour @b-ry!

If you want to port out a physical number from Rogers, then the VOIP provider would take care of that. We only handle port-ins for customers. Port outs are done by the company you plan on porting to. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

b-ry

It would had been a port out of a Telus account -- Since my main line is with Rogers, was

@RogersCorey wrote:

That is a horse of a different colour @b-ry!

If you want to port out a physical number from Rogers, then the VOIP provider would take care of that. We only handle port-ins for customers. Port outs are done by the company you plan on porting to. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

wondering if Rogers had a virtual line service option or if I'd have to fine another VoIP provider.

Hi @b-ry! We don't offer VOIP services at this time. We could only offer you a home phone or wireless in this case. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation