Pop3 on my Z10

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Pop3 on my Z10

I have 2 pop3 emails accounts on my Z10. How do I leave a message on the server. If I delete the email from my Z10, it does not go to my desktop. I have lost some important emails today. I can't find any settings.

****Edited Labels****

Retired Moderator RogersRavi
Retired Moderator

Re: Pop3 on my Z10

Which Email client are you adding?

I've Been Around

You will have to adjust settings on your mail program. For Windows Live Mail go to options Email Accounts. Highlight the account you want to use and check properties and then Advanced. Check 'leave copy of message on server.' Check 'Remove from server after certain number of days. Your choice. Check 'Remove from server when deleted from Deleted items.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think the problem the op is having, is that his new bb10 is actualy syncing them, that when they are deleted on the bb10 they are deleted on the server as well.

Might need a little more info, as to how thy are connecting to their email, pop or imap?

Unfortunately without having my bb10 yet I can't check the device settings under each scenario VERRY easily.

If I understand their problem correctly, try want to get all on the phone as well by when they delete them there it's only on the device.
Would want a basic pop setup with leaving coppies on server (just HOW is the question)

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't want the message to delete off my server when I delete from my Z10. Blackberry is telling me there's no option for this on the Z10. On my 9900 I had the option of just deleting from the handheld or the handheld and server. I have used an iPhone before and they have a setting to leave on the server. I'm very disappointed that Blackberry did not put this feature on the Z10.
I'm Here A Lot

You should configure your email account with IMAP instead of POP3. With IMAP your messages will stay on the server.

I Plan to Stick Around

How do I change fom pop to imap. Thanks
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

change the pop server to imap.mail.yahoo.com

I Plan to Stick Around

Just been told by Blackberry that my concern has been escalated to a DT Pass which I wast told was very significant.  It's at the Senior Management Team, and according to the Rep they figure that Blackberry will address this problem and have a software fix for it in the very near future.  This is great news 🙂

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

oh really? to add a 'leave on server' feature? 🙂