*Point* 41 Mbps upload speeds - haha, what a joke

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

*Point* 41 Mbps upload speeds - haha, what a joke

I live in the Newmarket, ON area. For at least two weeks I have experienced the poorest, slowest Internet connection than I've had since the 1990's!! I wish I could upload a screenshot of the latest speedtest I just ran. Upload speeds were 8+Mbps which isn't too bad, but the DOWNLOAD was .41Mbps - yes, see that little point before the numbers? That's POINT 41 Mbps, not even ONE Mbps !!!!

I have searched the forums, Rogers Twitter account, Facebook page and NOWHERE does Rogers admit that they are having a problem. I'm scared to call them. People are posting on canadianoutages.com that they are waiting two hours on Rogers help line. Gee, I wonder why that is? 

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: *Point* 41 Mbps upload speeds - haha, what a joke

Hi,

If you are willing to do some troubleshooting, there are people here who can help.  I'll start the ball rolling with the first couple of questions: 

1.  What type of modem / router do you have, and what service plan are you on, for example 60, 150 or 250 Mb/s

2.  Can you log into your modem and copy the DOCSIS Wan Downstream and Upstream tables that show the signal data for all of the channels that the modem uses.  I don't need to see any of the other info like IP address etc, just the table data.

Have a look at my posting here with the data from my CGN3 as an example:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/176...

I might ask you to answer the questions that I also have posted on that page, but for now I'd just like to see the signal power and signal to noise ratios.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: *Point* 41 Mbps upload speeds - haha, what a joke

If you are comfortable post a little more narrowed down location in Newmarket.
I know one area is having some major line issues and a lot are being replaced.