Please replace Speed with a motorsports channel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kso
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Please replace Speed with a motorsports channel

Did it end up coming on for you??

the channel is back for good.

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/fox-sports-racing-rebranding-speed-international-launch-feb-20-...

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey everyone!

As others have mentioned in this thread, FOX Sports Racing is indeed having a free preview on channel 409 (and it is a rebrand of the SPEED channel). See our Blog here

We don’t have any additional information such as pricing, packaging, or preview end-date, but as soon as we receive more info, we’ll post it here.

Enjoy the preview!

RogersDarrell

View solution in original post

Mikedem
I Plan to Stick Around

still not working in Ottawa. Channel shows up as a valid channel and info bar at bottom shows whats on but a black screen - checked with several friends and family in Ottawa and thy have the same issue. I have 3 boxes and its the same on all of them. Just received an email from tech support as I created a ticket last night  saying the problem was resolved but it is still doing the same thing.

kso
I Plan to Stick Around

If the friends & fam have the issue as well it has to be a problem in the area. Did the friends & fam call in also? since its a new channel that hasn't been really promoted a lot of people don't know they have it to call in and even say it's not working in the area.

Mikedem
I Plan to Stick Around

hows this for service - called in at noon to advise problem was still there - after about 30 mins they say they are sending a tech. tech shows up 20 minutes later. I help him run a cable from the box to each box - no good - then he runs one from the front lawn box - on my lawn thankfully buried in 4 ft of snow though. all ok now - temporarily ran a cable above ground until spring but I am up and running - he says a bad cable can effect just a handful of stations. less than 2hrs phone to tech...awesome.My wifes PVR has been rebooting the last 2 weeks over and over - I bet its all related.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Interesting article on this:

http://www.thestar.com/autos/2015/02/20/old-speed-channel-now-fox-sports-racing-is-back-on-rogers.ht...

Norris says,

"Now, I don’t really care what the problem was; why SPEED disappeared from virtually all of the cable systems in Canada. I do know that there was a disagreement over money (SPEED was willing to renew at the same rate while Rogers - the first to give SPEED the axe - wanted to pay a lot less). But I always had the feeling there was something else at play, too."

Yes, it was a little fishy how it disappeared with no clear, believable explanation. The only racing I haven't seen mentioned yet is WRC and Australian V8 Supercars. Hope they're included too.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Mikedem wrote:

still not working in Ottawa. Channel shows up as a valid channel and info bar at bottom shows whats on but a black screen - checked with several friends and family in Ottawa and thy have the same issue. I have 3 boxes and its the same on all of them. Just received an email from tech support as I created a ticket last night  saying the problem was resolved but it is still doing the same thing.

Working in this part of Ottawa....

Motorsports_Fan
I Plan to Stick Around

Other than the completely pointless name change, everything else about this channel is exactly the same as it has been for the last year and a half since the U.S. version of Speed disappeared, and exactly the same as when Rogers dropped it a year ago. It's still nothing but the limited amount of racing programming from Fox Sports 1 and 2 in the U.S., and everything else is still the old reruns of the non-racing nonsense like "R U Faster Than A Redneck?", etc.

dougjp
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this......"preview period"? Are they going to charge extra for something that was included in a package before?

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Motorsports_Fan wrote:

Other than the completely pointless name change, everything else about this channel is exactly the same as it has been for the last year and a half since the U.S. version of Speed disappeared, and exactly the same as when Rogers dropped it a year ago. It's still nothing but the limited amount of racing programming from Fox Sports 1 and 2 in the U.S., and everything else is still the old reruns of the non-racing nonsense like "R U Faster Than A Redneck?", etc.

Yes, when it first came on I even saw a "Speed" logo in the top right hand corner on Racaday. Reading all the promotional material on the website http://www.foxsports.com/motor/fox-sports-racing I find nothing on WRC or V8 Supercars. My memory is fuzzy, but did Speed dump those before it went off the air?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario