Please replace Speed with a motorsports channel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Please replace Speed with a motorsports channel

Well, 409 Fox Racing certainly does look like what Speed was before it disappeared.  We shall see. While I can get 409 and 534 (Discovery Velocity) right now with VIP, I've seen ads that the latter is free preview. If these are just teasers, it would be an outrage that Rogers would take programming away and then try to sell it back to us later.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
kso
I Plan to Stick Around

this title should probably be changed to "it's back" or "it's been replaced"

dougjp
I Plan to Stick Around

Lets see how this evolves, IF it does. The reason I say that is, this whole thing is illogical, it makes no sense. It could be a temporary test. Or it could be an attempt to charge money for the same thing that was included before.

Shaw Direct has recently announced the cancellation of SPEED on April 1. And as we all know, SPEED was cancelled on BCE, Rogers and Cogego last year. Cancel doesn't mean name change. There is no apparent reason for a name change, unless somebody bought the Canadian channel and has to use another name not trademarked by Fox? Has anyone confirmed the other two (BCE and Cogego) now have this "new" (same?) channel showing?

Mikedem
I Plan to Stick Around

I've been out of town all week. Just checked and I do have 409 foxsr in my guide. Says truck practice is on but I just have a black screen? Maybe a pvr Reboot?
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Works for me. NASCAR RaceDay (5:00 - 7:00) on right now. I have an SA8300HD and VIP. No black screen.

Mikedem
I Plan to Stick Around

yeah strange - just talked to rogers tech support and he was in Richmond hill and said Raceday was on. All I get is a black screen. But on 407 TSN2 - the guide says Nascar prerace but the show is in fact Raceday?? Maybe first day bugs to be worked out?

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

It's RaceDay and shows the Speed logo in the top right corner. Basically, it looks like "Speed" is back in another form.

Mikedem
I Plan to Stick Around

Still black in Ottawa. I have raceday on 407 but 409 is still black. Rogers actually called me back and asked me to try all pvrs and HD boxes in the house and wanted to know models numbers. It almost acts like a blackout. Does your tsn2hd have raceway on also?
kso
I Plan to Stick Around

TSN2 had a prerace 5-7 which was probably Raceday. FoxSR had Raceday 5-7 as well.

Is it all your tv's doing it? Maybe there's a problem with the Ottawa feed?

Mikedem
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah the tsn prerace was Raceday. Yeah all TV's. 3 different model boxes too. Guy at Rogers said it was fine at his end. Trying to contact my brother and see if his is working.