Please replace Speed with a motorsports channel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Motorsports_Fan
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Please replace Speed with a motorsports channel

Regarding Discovery Velocity:

Bell is changing only the name of their Discovery World channel in Canada to now be Discovery Velocity. They're not changing the channel's licence or programming format. It's still an "adventure" channel, to use their term. You can see this by the description and list of shows they mention. The Patrick Dempsey thing is the only show related to racing. The Canadian version of Discovery Velocity channel will not be showing any actual motorsports coverage, not even the minimal amount on the US version of the channel, because that would require applying to the CRTC for a drastic change in the licence, which they are not doing.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

So which channel is that on Rogers Cable and is it part of the VIP package, like Speed was? If neither, then it's pretty useless posting that here.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
dougjp
I Plan to Stick Around

Velocity is a cruel misnomer. Nothing against mechanics but what 'velocity' is there in garage show after garage show. What were they thinking, does anyone watch that stuff on a regular basis.

Our only hope is Motors TV. I actually wrote them a month ago, urging them to come to Canada.

kso
I Plan to Stick Around

Its ch 534.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Thanks. Looks like a lot of the filler material Speed had and kids nature stuff before noon. Not exactly F1, NASCAR, WRC and Aussie V8 Supercars. Smiley Frustrated

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
kso
I Plan to Stick Around

Apparently Rogers is launching another racing related channel soon. Hopefully it'll have races and things like Speed did. Qualifying, practices.

Motorsports_Fan
I Plan to Stick Around

They are? Can you you at least provide a link or some details for this alleged new channel?

As far as I know, they can't just suddenly add a new channel out of thin air on a whim.

This mentions what we already knew about Motors TV, and also points out that the few new channels that have been added in recent years have taken a long time to get here.

http://canadiansportsfan.wordpress.com/2015/02/15/news-notes-wwe-network-adds-providers-fan-590-upda...

Quote: "the CRTC would first have to approve the channel for carriage in Canada, and then each provider would have to add the channel to their lineup – something that could take months or years to happen (see: Big Ten Network, MLB Network). "

kso
I Plan to Stick Around

Its going back to Speeds channel 409 coming soon according to the Rogers rep. Its Fox Racing, they probably have been working on it for months since they got rid of Speed. If its Speed with a new name they wouldn't need CRTC approval would they? 

kso
I Plan to Stick Around

It's on!!

FoxSportsRacing. ch 409. Its showing Supercross right now. Daytona Practice later, Raceday, Nascar Duels. 

It looks like Speed back with FoxSports Racing as name!

RogersShaun
Administrator
Administrator

Great news!

Just checked our TV here and channel 409 Fox Racing is showing Nascar!