Please replace Speed with a motorsports channel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Motorsports_Fan
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Please replace Speed with a motorsports channel

We were always able to watch the archived TV broadcasts on imsa.com the next day after the race. What was blocked in Canada before the race at Mosport, at least for me and according to other comments I've read elsewhere, was just the actual live streaming on imsa.com of the Fox Sports broadcasts during the races, because the races were being shown on television on Speed in Canada, similarly blocked in US because races are shown there on television Fox Sports 1 or 2. We could prior to that (and still can) see live in-car camera views and hear MRN radio on imsa.com during the races. I know I looked at imsa.com during some of the races earlier in the year (after Daytona and before Mosport) and could only see the in-car views. I definitely remember watching both of the races from Laguna Seca live using my TV's picture-in-picture to be switching back and forth between Speed and the imsa website with its in-car views and MRN audio, particularly during the TV commercial breaks. I have Speed because I cancelled my Rogers services in March and have had another carrier since then that still has Speed.

Here is a link to the imsa.com news article before the Mosport race saying that the live streaming of the race will be made available in Canada for the first time.

http://www.imsa.com/articles/canadian-tire-motorsport-park-resource-guide

Quote: "Canadian fans will be able to stream the race on IMSA.com for the first time."

Since then I've only watched the live streaming, and don't watch Speed.

ckyriazis2006
I'm Here A Lot

So much for that guys. No truck race this weekend looks like putting the same CFL game on 4 seperate feeds is more important. I guess when it is not a Canadian truck race they don't give a care. Disappointed

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Rogers didn't get the message at all. Adding a multitude of "sports" channels is a complete waste of bandwidth if they're just duplicates of the stick-and-ball stuff we already see. It actually confuses things, having to wade through them all and findiing nothing.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
kso
I Plan to Stick Around

tsn said today they'll be airing truck series in 2015. They've already started added sprint cup practices and qualifying.

Nascar at least's programing that has been missing since Speed left will be picked all back up by the new TSN's.

Derflieger
I've Been Here Awhile

We really need a good motoring channel - racing (beyond NASCAR), rallying (huge following/series in Canada Rogers), air racing, car shows (and not these stupid shows like Counting Cars and Gas Monkeys). Or does Rogers simply not care??

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't believe Rogers really cares. The stick-and-ball sports for The Great Unwashed are the primary focus. It will probably take a move by the competition starting an exodus from Rogers to get any action.

Mikedem
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry to resurect an old thread, but I just read an anoucement that Motors TV is expanding to North and South America starting January 28th 2015. Sure would be nice to get that here. I drool over the coverage they have in Europe.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Not in time for the Rolex 24. 😞

Motorsports_Fan
I Plan to Stick Around

The start of the Daytona 24 Hours will be shown on the Fox broadcast network -- WUTV Buffalo, etc.

I believe live streaming of the rest will be available to Canadians on imsa.com.

A lot of it will also be shown on Speed, which I think is still on Shaw and maybe one or two other smaller carriers in Canada.

That is good news about MotorsTV coming to North America. But I will reserve my excitement until I hear that it has definitely been picked up by some Canadian carrier that is available to me. Unfortunately the timing of this may be bad. It has become very difficult to get new channels carried by the Canadian carriers. Most "non-Canadian" (usually American) channels want some kind of guarantee that a certain minimum percentage of customers will be receiving the channel, but with new regulations probably about to require a more "pick and pay" type of system, the Canadian carriers won't give them that kind of deal anymore.   

simulatedsports
I've Been Around

Discovery world is changing to Velocity.

Discovery World is shifting gears to become Discovery Velocity, beginning Thursday, Feb. 12. Discovery announced today that the ultimate insiders club for viewers with a thirst for adventure debuts with an extended 48-day national freeview from Feb. 12 – March 31. As Canada’s only home for Factual Turbo programming,

Hopefully they will pick up more and more live motorsport programs.

http://www.discoveryworld.ca/Shows/Discovery-World-is-shifts-gears-to-become-Discover/Articles/Disco...