Please replace Speed with a motorsports channel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rodniron
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Please replace Speed with a motorsports channel

read my last post
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rodniron

I already did. Now if you read my lost post, you will see if you contact Rogers, they might be able to do something for you. I have a few people that contacted Rogers & were able to get a discount off their monthly bill due to it.

I was going to contact my self Rogers & try to get one but never bothered doing it as to be its not really a big deal even tho i am a big F1 fan & loved the shows on Speed.

I do wish they can bring us a channel tho

rodniron
I've Been Here Awhile

i do agree with you. it was'nt just one channel it was THE CHANNEL. So if we have to pay for a premium channel then rogers should give us a premium channel in exchange or just make it right. thanks

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rodniron

You do not need to agree with me as we all have our own opinions on this matter :).

I do agree with that. If they can offer us a premium channel because of losing this channel that would be great as well. This is a great suggestion tho!.

The forums on here are user to user. Best place to put this would be on their Facebook Page or Twitter page.

You could also put this suggestion in the IdeaBox the forums have. The staff will check it out, talk to the back end team & see what will happen. Responses won't be immideeatly tho. It will take time to get one back.

Mikedem
I Plan to Stick Around

Word of warning on their facebook page - I made my dispeasure know since January about this on their facebook page. I posted 3x and now have been banned from posting on their page. I inquired via Rogers and was told I was blocked for SPAM posts? I guess voicing my displeasure at their decision is considered spam? So now I can only communicate via phone of twitter but they just ignore the twitter messages most of the time.

luckily I have an HD Fox Sports 1 and Motors TV feed to see most of the stuff I was missing from Speed so my anger has subsided a bit. Still mad I had to go and find a solution instead of it being on my cable box like it should be.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Mikedem

They do have rules & policies of spamming the same message over & over or if they already answered your first post, no need to keep making new ones. Bell, Telus & all companies have this exact same rule on their Facebook & Twitter pages as they do not want spamming. You may not see it as spamming but they do.

It sucks that the CRTC & others won't allow the cable providers to have their own motorsport channel per say. We all need to voice this & hopefully they do something about it.
Motorsports_Fan
I Plan to Stick Around

I'll try putting this in other words since my last post was deleted for allegedly being off-topic, I think along with someone else's post I was backing up by relating my own similar experiences.

None of the racing coverage that has been on Speed during the last year has been picked up by TSN or Rogers Sportsnet. That is simply a fact. Anyone saying otherwise is incorrect.

If you believe this statement is incorrect, please point out what racing coverage from Speed Channel in the last year has been picked up by TSN or Rogers Sportsnet for 2014.

I see absolutely no new motorsports that have been picked up by TSN or Sportsnet for 2014. The motorsports they are carrying are the same ones they were carrying last year. Rogers viewers are now simply unable to see the racing coverage that they were seeing on Speed Channel, and others are still seeing if they have another carrier that still has Speed Channel.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I wonder if posts are being deleted because this is supposed to be a help forum, not a complaints or advocacy forum. Nevertheless, customers keep coming here to voice their concerns about the demise of Speed and no equivalent replacement. In view of that, let's keep this thread going, if only to redirect people to Rogers on Facebook and Twitter, where the complaints should be made.

It's not for nothing that Rogers displayed an apology screen on after taking down Speed. They want your feedback. Remember, the customer is always right.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
dougjp
I Plan to Stick Around

Ha ha, they want our feedback? Thanks for the morning laugh. The purpose of that apology splash page was clearly to diffuse and eliminate a good volume of feedback. And clearly they knew in advance that this decision was for their financial benefit despite being hated by people who watched Speed.

The proof of this to me is the fact that, with some 8 months of lead time where obviously this orphan channel wouldn't exist due to FS1 and CRTC, nothing has been said about any possible replacement program(s). Not even any feedback has been sought about which program(s) would be liked as an alternative. 

Mikedem
I Plan to Stick Around

Fact - Speed in US changed over to FS1 in August 2013- most if not all race programming still available to US viewers on FS1

Fiction - Speed was discontiinued in US last year. - Rogers version

Fact - Programming still available from Fox

Fiction - The US supplier has discontinued the programming - Rogers Version

Fact - AMA, Nascar Trucks, Race Hub, BTCC, WTCC,  V8 Supercars, FIA GT and much more no longer available.

Fiction - Racing content available on TSN, SN and City - none of the above series available on these stations.

edited for content