Please replace Speed with a motorsports channel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikedem
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Please replace Speed with a motorsports channel

Tomorrow night in Toronto is the AMA Supercross event. I wonder what the attendance will be like considering it is the first major series that we have lost coverage of to happen? Irionically its at the Rogers centre.

Motorsports_Fan
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: [Quote from Gdkitty in Deutsche Welle thread]

" ... guessing they have speed still?... hopefully they dont drop it as well."

Yes, Vmedia still have Speed, but only in standard defintion, and they won't say for how long, and they were only one I could get now with it since satellite service is not an option for me. But at least I'll probably see Le Mans in June and other stuff, and can now watch other racing on the internet even if I eventually drop the their TV service. It will be the first time I've had home internet service, other than the $2.95 a month dial-up, and now I'll have it and all the TV channels I want for less than I've been paying just for the TV service from Rogers.

bloo66
I've Been Around

yes.......please add a Nascar or motorsports channel to your sports package for all 3 series.....truck, nationwide and sprint....and bring back Race Hub.

Not fair how almost every other major sport is represented on Rogers but yet not Nascar.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

bloo66, and anyone else who would like Rogers to do something to get a motorsports channel back, your best bet is to contact Rogers directly on their Facebook page or Twitter to voice your concerns.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
rodniron
I've Been Here Awhile

over and above missing out on a good channel( my go to channel) they are still charging us for speed and not replacing it with any other channel.if we cant get speed any more,THEN GIVE US OUR MONEY BACK OR REDUCE OUR MONTHLY BILL NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. or give us a choice of a free channel . i will be looking for another provider as fast as i can. big corporations thumbing  there noses at the people that pay there so inflated salaries

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rodniron

How are they charging you for speed as its a part of your cable package... The only way they would be charging you is if you added the Speed channel alone & got charged for that channel only..  Bell is taking down Speed May 1st if not a bit earlier ( from what i heard from Bell's head office). Other cable providers will bring it down too. So in the end you won't get it or go with a cable provider & then lose it. Then what? There isn't much choice after that so you are basiclly going to start from the start agian

If you wish & think you are intittled to a discount . credit per month because you think you are supposed to get one, contact Rogers via Live Chat, Facebook.com/Rogers & Twitter @RogersHelps. See if they will do something for u.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I think what was getting at is Speed disappeared, nothing equivalent replaced it, but there was no proportional reduction in price. Sort of like suddenly finding the contents of a case of beer reduced to 23 bottles, but no drop in price. It is a big issue for motorsports fans and I'm sure Rogers is feeling the heat.  Let's hope the issue gets resolved soon.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello OLDYELLR

I know what rodniron was getting at. The problem is that they won't reduce the price due to one channel coming off. If a customer wants a discount or credit due to the channel coming off per say, they can contact Rogers & ask for one. It won't be a big discount or credit just for everyone to be aware. It will be a small little one as the channel most likely would have cost $2-$5 if that.

I do hope the issue is resolved but seeing it now, its not only Rogers having this issue. Rogers can add a channel dedicated to Motorsports & F1 races & such tho. They just need to get the rights / agreements & such. Things we have no clue about as this is all done behind the scenes & takes time. With all the demand they see, i am sure they can.
rodniron
I've Been Here Awhile

i paid for apackage with speed in it, and now i dont have speed, i bought that package at a price for that reason only. rogers has not come to me and said since we are taking speed away your package will be reduced by  $00.00 dollars a month. So are they not still charging me for something i am not getting.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rodniron

The package & price includes all channels, not just speed. So the price in total is for all channels / packages u get. You can contact Rogers via Live Chat, Facebook.com/Rogers & Twitter @RogersHelps. See if they will do something for u. Maybe they can give u a small credit or discount because of it.