Please replace Speed with a motorsports channel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Please replace Speed with a motorsports channel

Americans can't access Canadian channels there are many who would like to get Tsn/Sportsnet/Space etc but they can't this we should be allowed to watch what we want while i agree but its not limited to Canada same issues in the States.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I think fair trade should include entertainment and allow open airwaves.   Its a travisty that we have let our governments dictate what we are allowed to watch and pay for.  Its already starting wiht the internet too.  It won't be long before the CRTC will be dictating what is available on the internet to Canadians and making the internet 50% Canadian content.  Who the F are these people anyway, I bet we would save hundreds of millions in tax dollars if we deregulated the airwaves.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Now that Rogers has dropped SpeedTV, I don't know where I can view the Barrett Jackson Auctions.  Does anyone have any ideas on where I can watch it in Canada?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Griag

This has nothing to do with the government this has more to do with sports league and studios if there were open ari waces those leagues and studios would lose billions of dollars and for thatr eason we will never see tru;ey open airwaves.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I believe what Craig was refering to was the CRTC and the procedure needed to get a station cleared to be carried in Canada. Without them, in this case, we could all happily pay for Fox Sports 1 and see all of the programming we cant see now.

And with this weekend we are about to miss our first major event with the loss of Speed. 12hrs of Sebring is on tomorrow.

First 3 hours are on FS1 exclusively and then IMSA.com will stream the remaining of the race. If its similar to the Rolex 24hrs then the stream quality should be good. not as good as turning to channel 514 but it is what it is.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Mike

For a channel like Fox 1 sure that might be the case but most American channel it would make no sense as Canadian channels hold most of the the rights for a huge chunk of programs.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Motors TV is DEFINITELY the channel we need to replace Speed. In case anyone there at Rogers cares about the topic any more.

It has lots of actual racing which the other motorsport channels available out there don't (some don't have any at all, or very little).

We don't need more talking head shows or fake reality show series or even half hour weekly shows like Speed predominantly became, and what is mainly on some of those other motorsport channels in the US.

The only thing I'm missing now is Australian V8 Supercar racing that was carried on Speed. However I can subscribe direct to V8Superview for the whole season from Oz if I want.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

+1 on Motors TV. Watching the 12hrs of Sebring right now (No thanks to Rogers) it really has a great lineup of live racing. Like what the original Speedvison was before all the filler shows.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Missing HD though, but that isn't a huge problem.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

yeah I here you. I did see some F1 coverage in HD but I think that may have been Sky Sports F1 not MotorsTV now that I think about it.