Please replace Speed with a motorsports channel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Please replace Speed with a motorsports channel

I had planned on switching over to bell fibe, even with 11 months left on my contract with rogers just to get speed channel. But after talking with the bell rep and found out that speed would no longer be available after May 1-2014 i decided not too. Hopefully the cable suppliers figure out some solution to this because there is alot of racing out there that our providers up here don't cover ie. motogp, world superbike, supercross which happens to have a race in the Rogers Center? not to mention the Australian V8 supercars.   Disappointed motorsports fan.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Welcome To Canadian Government Procedures.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Touche! CRTC protects us from the evil American racing and the cable companies don't show all the Canadian racing out there because there's no money to be made.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

What is the best internet site for live streaming of fox sports 1? Anybody know?
I was hoping to watch it through my Apple TV by mirroring it to my tv. If I can't do that looks like I'm screwed.
What a drag.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

IF there is such a site (not sure if there is), you would likely need to use a US DNS/Proxy/VPN to be able to access it... since its not aproved for canadian TV right now.. likely content is blocked on the website as well, unless you appear like your comming from the US.

I've Been Here Awhile

Why isn't Fox Sports 1 replacing Speed TV?

I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't believe CRTC will allow Fox Sports 1 in Canada. Blamw the Nanny State.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately Oldyellr is right.

For any channel to be made available by ANY tv copany (cable satelite, etc) in canada, they need to be aproved by the CRTC.

Until that happens, none of them, can get the channel Smiley Sad

Retired Moderator RogersElise
Retired Moderator

Hello all.

I realize that all motorsports fans here are very disappointed and I wanted to assure you, the decision to take off Speed was not taken lightly at all. We heard you all talking passionately about Speed Channel since the first bill notices arrived. Last year, the operator of the channel decided to stop making Speed Channel available to the majority of TV customers in the United States too. From what we’ve heard, Bell TV/Fibe is notifying their customers that they’ve decided not to carry Speed Channel as of May 1, 2014. Other operators also review their offering from time to time.

Even though this is a peer-to-peer support community, we read each and every post, and reply when needed. I’ve passed on your suggestions; we might add another motorsports channel in the future, however, at this time, this is not something we’re planning for.  

I Plan to Stick Around

We all know that the US version of Speed ended last August and Fox was providing a Canadian version of Speed Channel.

We really dont know whos fault it is , you say them, they say you. Likely we will never know the truyth other than its about money, them wanting more and you not wanting to pay it.

So that leaves a lot of LIVE motorsports coverage that we can no longer see. Why cant Rogers Sportsnet buy the content that was on the old Speed(FoxSports1) and show it on your 5 or 6 Sportnet cnannel - Surely they would generate more interest and revenue that 5 channels all showing poker at the same time?

Was the plan (or lack thereoff) to just abandon the motorsports fans after 17 years of that channel being on the air? Did you really think saying we could enjoy many of the other channels you provide was going to make millions of motorsports fans stop being interested in racing? It is mind boggling actually.