Please replace Speed with a motorsports channel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Please replace Speed with a motorsports channel

Other than them starting their own Motorsport channel themselves, a lot of the other stuff is out of their hands. (This goes for all cdn carriers)
They just can't pick up the other US channels because they want to. The crtc prevents them unless the channel is approved.

I've Been Here Awhile

20% of my tv time was watching Speed channel. I give Rogers two hundred dollars a month for thier services. I have been with them since the beginning. I have to reboot my HD boxes every time I want to watch something on demand. The cable lines in my area have not been upgraded in many years. Last fall bell upgraded to fiber optics and DSL is probably better internet. The removal of Speed is the push I need to look around for other entertainment optsions. Rogers does not care about loyal customers wich can be seen from replies in these postings

I'm a Senior Advisor

Nobody employed by Rogers hangs around here very much, believe me.

I just prefer to deal in facts instead of blaming everything on Rogers knee-jerk style.

Fox killed Speed.  Fox doesn't want to maintain a Canadian-only version of a channel they killed.  So they've priced themselves out of the Canadian market.

The Canadian TV market is much more complex than " Rogers should just offer this and that"

Bottom line however, if Rogers believes there's significant money in fringe motorsports, they'll be all over it like white on rice.

I Plan to Stick Around

In 1998 tv in the States was in great shape you can't say that now many channels have very low ratings and don't be shocked if some switch to a only system only the other big thing is Aero it very well could force many channels to go to a cable format meaning the end to free to air etc.

I Plan to Stick Around

Then rogers needs to carry fox sports ASAP or we get a free to air dish.....screwed again in canada

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello danno100

The problem is not Rogers. Its the CRTC & Fox sports as they need agreements & all. Rogers can NOT do anything until the CRTC gives them the approval to have it.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I just changed my channel package a few motnhs ago mainly because I wanted the Speed Channel and BBCC to view racing and Top Gear. Once again our service providers seem to have free range to cancel, delete or add to your package as well as change rates at will. I can just imagine the uproar if you ordered a car with an AM/FM radio with a CD but upon delivery found out the manufacturer decided to delete the CD player but charged you the same price for the vehicle. I for one would tell them to take the car and place it where the sun don't shine! And over time, that is exactly what I intend to do with all of Roger's services. Once my cell contract is up in 6 months I will exercise the only contract clause a Rogers customer can use. I will take my business elsewhere. The same is true of my internet service and cable. After all I get almost daily offers from the competition to sign on but have remained loyal to Rogers up until now. When they treat customers with such arrogance and disdain I think it's time to move on.

I Plan to Stick Around

Every company in Canada and the States is the same as car vs cable debate a couple thinks your paying a large amount of cash for the car and are not getting a service provided to you every day as asoon as you pick up the car thats it with cable the provaide you with a service each day.

I Plan to Stick Around

It has been reported that Bell is dropping Speed as of may 1st.

I've Been Around

Speed Channel

Today I turned my tv to the Speed Channel to watch Nascar Qualifying and to my amazement there was a notice that

I could not receive this channel because Rogers no longer carried it.  I know that Fox Sports One is carrying this

in the U.S.  Do you (Rogers) have any plans to have Nascar Qualifying shown