Please replace Speed with a motorsports channel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Please replace Speed with a motorsports channel

Although I won't be hasty and switch, I will be inquiring, mainly finding out if other companies have long standing contracts that aren't due to run out at any time in the near future 🙂

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello suzy_q1408

That is the best thing to do before switching! Always make sure to do that so u are on the good side Lol 🙂
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have no idea where to post this or if I should bother asking, but will Rogers bring in a new channel with enough requests?  Maybe a petition or something?

With the real SPEED now gone, motorsports enthusiasts like me really have nowhere to watch good racing.  We get the usual F1, NASCAR and Indycar and that's it.

http://www.mavtv.com

Is a new station catching on in the States, picking up where SPEED left off with various stockcar, dirt, offroad and car enthusiast series.  It just recently picked up Dave Despain's show, and Stacey David's GearZ.

What will take for us to get MAVTV in Canada?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately, there is not much we can do, other than ask for it.

Firstly, a channel has to be approved by the CRTC, to be allowed in canada period first.
(I think that channel has to APPLY? but i could be wrong)

From there, then stations could pick it up.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Justreceived a letter from Rogers in an envelopw marked "important information". It's a formal announcement that Rogers is dropping speed. It says a bit more than the one on their website we were supposed to stumble across. It says "If you're a racing enthusiast, please note that programming like Formuls 1,Nascar, and IZOD racing events are carried on other networks such as Sportsnet, TSN, Fox and CBS sports. All other aspects of your service(s) will remain the same and your monthly fee will not be affected by this change". Oh? should it have gone UP to compensate for reduced service? Give your head a shake, Rogers!

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@tigeraid wrote:
http://www.mavtv.com

Is a new station catching on in the States, picking up where SPEED left off with various stockcar, dirt, offroad and car enthusiast series.  It just recently picked up Dave Despain's show, and Stacey David's GearZ.

What will take for us to get MAVTV in Canada?

Now that looks like a channel I would like. American's get all the cool channels....I think it would a good replacement for SPEED only problem is is that it has other stuff like MMA's King of the Cage but besides that it's mostly racing sports.

Looking at there webpage further they got some weirdness on this channel, but it looks really interesting. Thanks for the link @tigeraid .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rogers doesn't like the pictures I uploaded so I don't think they will like any of my hilarious signatures too.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I was afraid of that.

Sure, we can still get Sprint cup, F1 and Indycar.  But what about the Truck series?  It's the best stockcar racing there is, and it was only going to be shown through FOX Sports... Which we don't get.

GRRRR....

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi there Sarah:

hmmmmm..........Review faster, please share this thought with your superiors...*Dump Speed*,

I don't like paying for garbage channels (this is not the only one), it used to be a mediocre channel at best, as stated above, all that is left is the dregs. I would like to see NBC Sports channel replace Speed or possibly ESPN or FOX sports, (NOT ANOTHER SILLY CANADIAN TIER 2 channel....we have far too many of those already) at least that way we Canadians will still get to see Indy racing or the like from a source broadcaster.

We Canadians are always getting screwed where some silly broadcast right here is in effect (such as the outdated Canadian content law), and for that we NEVER get access other non Canadian source broadcasters signals that are not watered down in some manner or are cut short because the Canadian broadcaster who is piggybacking the signal has something more important to go to because THEIR schedule won't let them stay with the complete broadcast.

I see this happen SO many times, it's infuriating.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi there Sarah: hmmmmm..........Review faster, please share this thought with your superiors...*Dump Speed*, I don't like paying for garbage channels (this is not the only one), it used to be a mediocre channel at best, as stated above, all that is left is the dregs. I would like to see NBC Sports channel replace Speed, (NOT ANOTHER SILLY CANADIAN TIER 2 channel....we have far too many of those already) at least that way we Canadians will still get to see Indy racing from a source broadcaster. We Canadians are always getting screwed where some silly broadcast right here is in effect (such as the outdated Canadian content law), and for that we NEVER get access other non Canadian source broadcasters signals that are not watered down in some manner or are cut short because the Canadian broadcaster who is piggybacking the signal has something more important to go to because THEIR schedule won't let them stay with the broadcast. I see this happen SO many times, it's infuriating.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

As for we should get Espn or Nbc Sports what is important to keep in mind is a fair amount of of the content on those channels Canada net ows the right to here  so even if we got those channel a fair bit of the content would be blacked out another thing is Americans don't get access to Canadian channels such as Sportset/Tsn/Space and many would like to.

Nowe i am not saying things are perfect there not i would like to see Rogers keep speed for all the race fans but for us avg joes things might not be as simple as they seem as for the content rules the i think it would take people from Canada and the States working together and maybe open things up so Canadians and Americans can access other channels.