Please replace Speed with a motorsports channel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Please replace Speed with a motorsports channel

If they drop "speed", for which I am paying, I will drop Rogers! $$$$$ at rogers 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you read the other threads on this there are others who have been looking into it.
It's as much fox's issue as Rogers.

Likely asking more money for it even thought its only showing 1/3 of the content it used to.

Hopefully if you switch providers they don't do the same in droping the Chanel.

I'm a Senior Advisor

If Rogers has any business savvy, they'll listen when customers complain and demand that Speed (or its replacement by Fox) should not be discontinued. Sadly, if there is enough demand, Rogers will more likely add it as an extra cost option or part of an extra cost package. That will be really . the customers who have received Speed as part of a plan they have been paying for, in spite of all the regular annual price increaes.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello OLDYELLR

Agreed with you on that. I honestly hope Rogers does listen to us and not discontinue it. Its sad that channels are being discontinued because Rogers doesn't want to pony up the money at times.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

Agreed but Rogers if they care and know about the customers wanting the channel, they should at least pony the money up instead of discontinuing the channel. Fox is another greedy company out there as well

I've Been Here Awhile

Forget speed! Get Fox sports 1&2

I've Been Here Awhile

ESPN is the best, but TSN/2 does not carry practice or qualifying

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: "The same content and more is available from Fox Sports, but Rogers wants to cheap out and not pay the extra cost."

What do you mean? The Fox Sports 1 and 2 channels aren't allowed to be made available in Canada because they would be direct non-Canadian competition for TSN and Sportsnet. It's the same reason why ESPN and NBC Sports Network are not available in Canada.

If Fox has more and better content available to be put on Speed, then why haven't they been doing it, and instead been giving us a channel with the vast majority of its schedule made up of reruns of long ago discontinued reality and game shows that never belonged on a motorsports channel in the first place? This useless channel isn't worth carrying even if Fox was going to pay Rogers to keep carrying it.

Speed has already gone away in the US, and I doubt even Fox, if they were being honest, seriously thought the Speed they were sending to Canada was anything a except a temporary situation that the Canadian carriers would put up with any longer than they had to. Fox is just hoping they can dupe someone into continuing to pay them for what little is left of this channel for as long as they can, but it won't work.

I've Been Around

Speed is one of my favourite channels. Just like today, my son and I have been watching various racing for over 4 hours. I guess if Rogers drops Speed, I will be forced to drop Rogers and go with a dish that I can get speed on. Hope Rogers is reading these messages and actually cares what their customers want.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@driscoll wrote:
Forget speed! Get Fox sports 1&2

I don't think those are included in most plans that now include Speed. We want what we're already paying for, or a reduction inprice if it's taken away.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario