Please replace Speed with a motorsports channel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Please replace Speed with a motorsports channel

These are typical Rogers tactics - During the biggest sportscar race of the year they let you know they are dropping the channel. Everyone pumped for the the new unified Sportcar series and oh, by the way you wont be able to see it past March. I know the banner is put up by Fox to let people know and there is some small print on your last Rogers bill this week stating Speed is being dropped. Bell so far is carrying the channel and most of my rogers boxes and PVRs are long in the tooth so its a good time to make the switch and get some new equipment in the process. They make make me a deal to take the $400 a month I pay Rogers for all my services.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello everyone

Like Lurker said, This is Fox doing this, not Rogers. I am all for complaining about Rogers & such but this is Fox causing this. Their licensing in Canada wouldn't let them do that in Canada so they are removing it.

I Plan to Stick Around

This channel was great when we started getting it in 1997 (as Speedvision) and for its first few years, then Fox bought it and started increasingly ruining it in the years since then -- removing more and more of the racing and replacing it with reality and game shows that should never have been on a motorsports channel. Now it's not a real channel any more since it disappeared in the US.

I've been asking Rogers for several years to consider replacing it with a better motorsports channel. If you look at the programming of channels like Motors TV in the UK and Europe, or even the Speed channel in Australia, they are infinitely better than what we've been getting in Canada.

I still hope they're going to replace it, but even if they don't, there's no way Rogers or anyone else should be duped into a deal to continue carrying and wasting a channel space on it, even if Fox was paying them to do so.

I've Been Around

So dropping the only channel I really care for? Why not HG TV or OWN , you guys suck I'll be  contacting Bell Immediately.

I Plan to Stick Around

I really doubt that Bell or anyone else is going to keep carrying what's left of this channel much longer when their present contracts expire. Fox has no interest in providing Canada with a useful channel since shutting down the US version.

I'll wait to hear if Rogers is replacing it with something better like Motors TV before I decide to cancel their service. I'm definitely not going back to Bell (who discontinued my TV service after being a customer of their's for several years, because I wouldn't also sign up for their rip-off internet service) just to watch what little is left of Fox's temporary Canada-only Speed channel for a few months until Bell also drops it.  

I've Been Around

I do not believe this is Fox. This comes down to $ & cents and Rogers is not willing to pay the asking price from Fox, while our monthly bill goes up and Rogers pockets the $. Definitely need to look at other options.

I've Been Around

Unfortunately Speed has become a disappointment after the changes at Fox.  We are motor sports enthusiasts so we watch Speed regularly.  There is still some good programming including the 24 Hrs of Daytona currently on, but if we have to watch the same 2-3 commercials over and over again between programs it may just drive us to stop watching anyway.    We are looking for an alternative from Rogers, but will consider a change if required to get our motor sports fix. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

This is Rogers official announcement:

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/speed-channel?asc_refid=serviceupdate

On Rogers Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Rogers they'll tell you that Speed is going away, Rogers is not dropping it. However, that's not even a half-truth. The same content and more is available from Fox Sports, but Rogers wants to cheap out and not pay the extra cost. It's not a done deal. Call Rogers and demand Speed's replacement. Write on their Facebook Page.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Around

In reality, is there anything a customer can do or is this simply a done deal?

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm actual the opposite on the internet thing.  I have seen too many problems with Rogers through friends and my mom for connectivity, and have absolutely no desire to switch my internet to Rogers.  My mom can't connect on a daily basis.  My Bell sympatico internet service works just fine.