Plan contract ending.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Plan contract ending.

Hello Weeknd

The fee was introduced a while back. You have to pay $12. 50 for them to press a button to terminate the line. Its another money grabbing thing anyways. You can always ask the CSR and see what they can do.
I've Been Here Awhile

this i dont get... they tell you to call the day your contract ends so you wont get charge anything.. but still they will charge you for a month worth of not using the phone.... so lost right now...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Joan

That is wrong.. They tell you that once your contract ends, you will not be charged a cancellation fee if u wish to cancel. All you have to do is call them up and cancel. You will need to give them 30 days noticed. U still get charged for that 30 days. You also have to pay a fee of $12.50. That is the disconnection fee.

If you look at the contract u have (if u have it) u will see it in there. Also every carrier does this. So really there is no way around it. U will need to give a 39 day noticed and pay the $12.50 disconnection fee.

Call in and speak to a representative. They can be more clear.
I've Been Here Awhile

I called Rogers last month to see if I can give them an early cancellation since my contract ends TODAY(30 notice).... But the guy told me that it is better that I will call on the day that my contract ends, which is today, so that there will be no confusion on the billing... So I called just now and they say that I will be billed for another month... I am like ha??? what I don't get.... 

And then if you call early to cancel I will be charge for early cancellation fee.... "by this time steam is coming out my nose" ... i am really confuse..... lost.... lost...... lost..........

If you call early you get charge if you call on the day your contract end you will still be charge for another month that I will not be using..... free money to ROGERS... I can see them sucking up people's money....
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Joan

That because the rep meant to say u will not be charged a cancellation fee. You will need to give a 30 day notice tho. It states this on the contract you signed when you first opened your services. Every single provider does this, not just Rogers. Sadly it will stay like this until the CRTC changes it. Which I doubt it will be anytime soon.

I know what u mean tho but sadly nothing can happen. When I wanted to cancel my third line, I was told I needed to pay a 30 day notice and a $12.50 disconnection fee. I saw on the contract terms it said the same so I had too:(.

I've Been Around

so will I be charged my regu monthly fees of 84 dollars, keep the same service, and then when I find out who I want to switch to, then give my 30 day notice and be done with them? I hate rogers. I am hoping my IPhone 4 holds out until march 2014.....bc then I'm gone!!!!
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As long as you are out of contract, all you need to do is call in to cancel, pay the 30 days and your out
(This 30 day thing is with all carriers, the other guys do it too)

If you do not need all the features on your plan, you can change the plan to any other (I beleive over $50), with no penalties or contract extensions.