Plan contract ending.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Plan contract ending.

My 3 years plan contract is about to end in 2 weeks.

Are they gonna renew it or they gonna call me first? cause I would like to switch to another company.

Thanks !

****Edited Labels****

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Plan contract ending.

Hello Weeknd

They will not renew it. They most likely will call you giving you discounts and such to stay with them. Once the contract is up, you can give them a 30 day notice and port out the number or cancel it without any fees and suchSmiley Happy
I've Been Around

Do you have to wait till the end of the 36 month period to give the 30 day notice? Can I not give 30 days in advance of the 36 month date?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello vudes

You are able to give the 30 day notice anytime. You just have to pay the early cancellation fees + the monthly fee
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately, yes, this often means you are paying 36+1 months of monthly bills Smiley Sad.

I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello Weeknd

They will not renew it. They most likely will call you giving you discounts and such to stay with them. Once the contract is up, you can give them a 30 day notice and port out the number or cancel it without any fees and suchSmiley Happy

They started calling and such but i couldn't answer for x reasons, my contract ended on the 28th but when I look at my cell, i still can text, receive calls etc, what is that supposed to mean? 

and when i look into my account on here, it says ''next bill on the 2th december'', they better not charge me.

I've Been Here Awhile

Sorry for double posting, can i just click ''suspend usage''? 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Weeknd

You are still being charged as you are USING the line. When the contract ends, you go on a Month To Month bases. This means you are not on a contract BUT still using the line. For them to shut off the line, you will need to call and give them a 30 day notice. This is on the contract as well.

You are still using the line, so of course they will charge you. Its your duty to call Rogers and have them cancel the line after the contract ends.

Once you call Rogera, you just need to give them a 30 day notice and you will need to pay a $12.50 disconnected fee. 

Suspending the usage will do nothing. You are STILL going to pay per month for the plan even tho you are not using it. Best thing to so is call in and cancel the line.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you are switching at that point, etc, and choose to not port over the number, you can uses the suspension to prevent any more calls or data etc usage to be done, but you are still billed for that regular monthly fee.

Other than that, meowmix explained all the rest

I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix wrote:

Hello Weeknd

You are still being charged as you are USING the line. When the contract ends, you go on a Month To Month bases. This means you are not on a contract BUT still using the line. For them to shut off the line, you will need to call and give them a 30 day notice. This is on the contract as well.

You are still using the line, so of course they will charge you. Its your duty to call Rogers and have them cancel the line after the contract ends.

Once you call Rogera, you just need to give them a 30 day notice and you will need to pay a $12.50 disconnected fee. 

Suspending the usage will do nothing. You are STILL going to pay per month for the plan even tho you are not using it. Best thing to so is call in and cancel the line.

Yeah I called them one hour ago and talked to a representive that wasn't in the department of relation, he didn't say anything about the disconnected fee .. what is that? 

all he said was, to call back tomorrow and since my contract ended the cancel is free.

Thanks for replying 

edit : actually i think i found out about the disconnected fee.