Plan contract end

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Plan contract end

What happens at the end of my contract? I negotiated a very goood contract with rogers 2.5 years ago and will the same rates roll over, or will they try and make me choose a new plan.  It is a family style plan and we are deciding to upgrade but probably buy new iphones at F.S.. Which leads to another  questionIf I want to switch from my existing blackberry to an iphone I own what are the fees /procedures (do iphone use a simm card?)

****Edited Labels****

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Plan contract end

Hello Docdrs.

Once your contract ends, you can contact Rogers & speak to them & see if they will will give you a discount & a better price plan. This does happen when your near the end of the contract.

As for the phone. If you get a iPhone, you will need a micro sim card in order to get use the iPhone. Rogers will give you the sim card at no extra cost.
The only fees you will pay is the phone price on a 1,2,3 year term & the admin fee ( if they do not wave it for you).

Hope this helps Smiley Happy.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

At the end of the contract.. if you are using those same phones.. then nothing happens.. .same rate, same everything.
You just now have the ability to leave all together with no penalties on the phone/contract, start another contract to get a new phone for cheaper, etc.

Now, they usualy are able to grandfather plans.. so if you stuck with another blackberry, if that rate plan is better than the newer ones, you would be ok.

BUT, if you are switching to an iphone, your plan would have to change.  iphone and androids fall under a 'smarphone' data plan, vs blackberrys have their own form of data plan (due to them going through the BB network, etc)

I'm a Trusted Advisor

GDkitty,  you are able to use the BB data & voice plan with a Android phone or a iPhone. I & million others have done this with NO issue at all. You can even see it on here on many posts.
Blackberry data is BIS ( Blackberry internet services) BUT it can be used with a iPhone or a Android phone. I have had a Blackberry data & voice plan with Rogers for the past 4 years & never changed it but have used iPhone 3GS/4/4S & HTC Raider / Sony Xperia S / Galaxy Nexus / Galaxy S3 & many other phone which have not had any issues with data at all.

The only thing you can not do is if you get a normal smartphone data, you can not use that with a blackberry.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Huh, interesting.. I thought it was both ways. At least that is what I was told years ago when switching from BB to my Nokia at the time. Sales person could have been wrong. Newer plan was better anyways.

Thank you for updating my knowledge with that Smiley Happy