Pixilation is back same time same place as last year

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spiboy1
I Plan to Stick Around

Pixilation is back same time same place as last year

Any one else , any remedies ??

***Edited labels***

pac_west227
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Pixilation is back same time same place as last year

@spiboy1 wrote:

I find it the worse on CBS HD - always!! Channel 16 in T.dot. Worse is on the weekends during NFL games. It's like clockwork. Always with live events, especially sports. SMH.

psihog
I've Been Around

Most of my HD channels are doing this, very annoying!
snorlax
I Plan to Stick Around

In my case it has been happening each evening since Thursday, also happened last year.  Worse on 522 (ABCHD), 523(CBSHD) and 524(NBCHD).  My phone modem also goes offline and I lose dialtone, though that didn't happen tonight.  Problems are gone by morning.  I think it is related to low outside temperatures.  Rogers has run a temporary line to my house but the pixellation and freezing are still there.  Tonight isn't as cold as last night so we can't conclusively determine if the new line has kept the phone online.  I am actually looking forward to a few sub zero nights so we can get this thing fixed.

upsdriver9
I Plan to Stick Around

Even though I have been with Rogers for ever and ever AMEM... I was never keen on their home phone service, I still believe that for reliable phone service even on power outages and blackouts that can last days and days, Bell Home Phone is still the best and most reliable service around.. I would never go with any phone service that will provide service over the Internet and that relies on a battery pack to work in case of any power outage. I will always use Bell Phone... I know that VOIP and Cable telephone service like that of rogers is all over the place now, but can never trust them to be up and running, especially on moments when you need them the most.....

Just my opinion, not nessessarily trying to convert anyone... hahahahahha

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That is one thing you are correct on... in a EXTREME power outage, that is out for more than 1/2 a day, etc.. the bell phone line will continue to work.
(well, assuming that people have a phone they can use with it.. you would be suprised that MOST people dont even have a wired phone spare in their house somewhere.. with NO power, your cordless phone wont work :P).

I have had the rogers home phone, for 7 years now.  I have never had an outage on it.  The battery runs 6-8 hours.. so i have not had a power outage longer than that to test it.. but any 3+ hour outages, it has been fine.  But correct, there is one more 'fail' point per say on it that way.

Now, for the above users problem.. that they are having phone issues... i think there may be something bigger afoot here.  Each thing on the cable.. TV, Internet, Phone, use seperate bandwidth/frequency parts on the cable.  I have had issues with the TV, but where the other two are not effected at all.  That this is effecting more than one, its more of a MAJOR signal issue (like an extreeme drop in signal oveall).  There may be something more wrong.. with say the street or something.

pac_west227
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@pac_west227 wrote:

@spiboy1 wrote:

I find it the worse on CBS HD - always!! Channel 16 in T.dot. Worse is on the weekends during NFL games. It's like clockwork. Always with live events, especially sports. SMH.

What's ironic is on avsforums guys in the states stated the same issue with cbs hd with pixelation issues, motion blur, etc but worse with live sports as well... they also said it's the worse with live nfl games and if you have a plasma hdtv which seems to excerbate the issue. Hmm. 

snorlax
I Plan to Stick Around

More pixilation tonight and this time the phone died as well despite the new temp line.  I called and Rogers will do some work on their equipment out in the street because clearly it isn't the line to my house.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, if the phone is being effected too, its definately an overall signal issue to the house.

Its is ONLY in the evening? just a specific period? or like the whole evening?

I had similar at the begining of the year.. ended up being a whole like 3 street issue.  Only happened, speraticaly, at 8-10pm..  almost as if it was there was too much of a draw overall on the whole subdivision.. as that would probably be one of the busiest times of the day, etc.

snorlax
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers maintenance guy located the problem at a splitter on the street a few houses away.  The connector feeding my segment of the street was loose.  During cold weather it would lose contact.  When it would warm up the connection was better.  Hopefully I won't be having any more trouble.