Picturing vertically shaking/trembling with HD PVR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Picturing vertically shaking/trembling with HD PVR

We have had the Rogers distrubuted (Scientific Atlanta/Cisco) HD PVR for some time with no problems. Recently, however, the picture seems to developed a vertical shake, which is especially noticable when viewing the guide or list views.  The problem seems to abate if I cycle the power, but only for a while.

Any suggestions?

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Picturing vertically shaking/trembling with HD PVR

go into quick settigns ahd make sure its not on 720p, put it to 1080i

I Plan to Stick Around

Im having the same issue. Even the rogers tech guy couldn't figure it out. Upon calling rogers the manager on the phone admitted to having the same problem at home with his new pvr. Any solutions since your post?

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Are you using HDMI or component cables?
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm using HDMI 1.4 cables. Tried using different cables but that didn't help. I also replaced the NextBox 3 times and that didn't help either. My TV works fine with every other input (PS3, Blu-Ray, etc...). The old rogers PVR box before this NextBox disaster worked fine as well.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have never heard of a shake come up on the board here before specifically. At least with pc's normaly, something like that is a signal issue, usually bad cable or not connected (or a signal out of range type issue) That you have tried different boxes and cables, it's not likely that.

You can call in and have them revert the current box, to the old guide. This will at least show if its the guide being the issue, if it continues, it's some incompatability between the box and tv?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

i am very familiar with hdmi handshaking, more specifically HDCP, there ARE some tvs that arent fully compatible with the hdmi signal and thus its recommended to use hd analog component cables instead, to see if it rectifys the problem, if not, try using hdmi but change the output resolution to 720p instead of 1080i and see if it helps

Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation