Phone number change

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Phone number change

I want to change my phone number, however I want to keep the same area code. I recently moved into a different area code location, but I barely ever make phone calls when I am at home. I usually do at work or when I am out, which is in my current area code location.

Is it possible to request to keep the same area code? I fully understand that there would be long distance charges and things like that.

I just don't see a reason to change my area code when it would be more benificial to me to keep the same one..

Thanks.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Phone number change

Hello JeniiRayne

IF you contact Rogers or go to a Rogers location, explain that you want the same area code & see what they can do. Sometimes they are not able to give you the area code u want as it depends on the postal code you are living in. I would explain all this to them & see what they say / do. Sometimes they are able to go past the system & let you pick the area code & phone number you want.

Go to the store or call Rogers & Give it a try tho & see!.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

yes its obvious you can change your number in the same area code providing new numbers are available in the same area code.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pauly

If you read the OP's post. You will see they moved into a new Area but want to keep the same area code. This can only be done if they live in that same area code. Changing your number can be done like you said but the area code depends on where they moved to & if that location has that area code.

Either way, the OP should just contact Rogers & find out more info on this & see if this can be done!. That is the best solution.