Phone Repair Status

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keroberous
I Plan to Stick Around

Phone Repair Status

Hello all.

Two weeks ago I visited a Rogers store to have my Galaxy S3 sent in for repairs. I figured it wouldn't take very long to process since my problem involved a known issue with the S3. But as I said, it has been just over two weeks since then and I have heard not a peep from Rogers about it. I was wondering if there is a way to check on the status of my repair, either online or by phone. I don't want to spend an hour on the line for tech support only to tell me they can't tell me anything. This loaner phone that they gave me is driving me crazy and I've had to resist the tempation to chuck it out a window several times.

Thanks!

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Phone Repair Status

Hello Keroberous

It normally takes 2-4 weeks to get the device back. Sometimes a bit longer depending on delays / holidays and such. I wouldn't suggest damaging or losing the loaner phone as you won't get back the $50 u put down and the can change you for the loaner phone if damaged or lost.  

I would call back the store next week and see what is going on. There isn't a way Sadly online or over the phone via calling Rogers. The store might know. The stores Might be able to track down but sometimes aren't able as the replacement center is a third party tech center called Flextronics. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Keroberous

It normally takes 2-4 weeks to get the device back. Sometimes a bit longer depending on delays / holidays and such. I wouldn't suggest damaging or losing the loaner phone as you won't get back the $50 u put down and the can change you for the loaner phone if damaged or lost.  

I would call back the store next week and see what is going on. There isn't a way Sadly online or over the phone via calling Rogers. The store might know. The stores Might be able to track down but sometimes aren't able as the replacement center is a third party tech center called Flextronics. 

View solution in original post

dudlee
I Plan to Stick Around

Bought a s7 edge August 2016.

Fast fwd to October 18 2016 phone starts acting up.
Screen getting too hot to touch and flickering so much u only saw the screen 5 seconds in a minute.
-never ever dropped/impacted, no water damage.

Called support, said it's a software issue...
I said no it's a digitizer issue, issue happens at boot before it loads the OS.
Wiped it for kicks... Issue of course still occurred.

Rep said I need to take it to Rogers store for repair. Only 8-12 days he said.

October 19 2016.
Went to 6 Rogers stores,, none had loaner phones due to fiasco with note7.

October 20 2016
Went to a Rogers plus store, gave up on a loaner phone, dropped it off for repair.

In store rep: 14 days exact u will get phone.
I ask if there is potential for sooner turnaround or could take longer?
In store rep: no 14 days almost exact.

Today:
I call store.
Ask where's my phone as tomorrow is 14 days since I dropped it off.
Rep: not sure. It's at repair center. They have started the repair I can see, but don't know progress
Rep: did they call u? They might be out of parts and would have called u.
Me: nope.
Rep: they might be out of parts and might contact u.
Me: any way to followup as I was told 14 days exact, questioned if it could take longer..
Rep: yea I don't know, I will ask my manager to followup but he is not back till tomorrow.

That's so far...

Why do reps state estimations as exact timelines even when questioned?

And I gave it in for repair in Richmond BC.
It was sent to future tel in Ontario.

Looking up repair company, they have service centers in Richmond BC. Why would they send it remote? (Or does Rogers repair at a central location).

My biggest gripe so far is they didn't have a loaner phone.
I made my own plans to borrow someones spare phone for 2 weeks under the impression repair was not gonna be more than 14 days.

Now i gotta make some more arrangements.
And no idea when I will get my phone.

I will be calling store tomorrow ( would be very surprised if they contact me instead).

Edit:mod moved my post to be under here as it was a similar existing topic. No way anyone said 2-4 weeks time. Phone rep told me 8-12 days. In store rep said 14 days basically guaranteed.
I asked if it could take longer potentially.. I got a big fat NO.
dudlee
I Plan to Stick Around

Just a quick update:

Yesterday called Rogers store at 6pm Pacific.
Never called me.

They said they were in middle of investigating.... And will call me back 10-15 mins tops.

2 hours later I get a ring back, got a sorry and try again in a few days for an update...

They said cause I dropped it off on Thursday they didn't get it to repair 5 days later.

I think the instore rep and manager were just too busy and blew me some smoke.

They told me they just got off talking with repair. However it was now 11pm eastern where the repair centre was... Highly doubt someone was working Friday night,
RogersZia

Hi @dudlee,

Have you heard back from the repair centre or the store? Have you received any emails on the status of your phone?

Please keep us posted.

RogersZia

dudlee
I Plan to Stick Around

Unfortunately I have had no updates.

Rogers has not contacted me at all.
No emails or calls at all from store, Rogers or repair center

I waited a few days and called them today.
Rep says my phone is not in, don't have an update.

All they could tell me is my phone has not come back yet.

Manager not in so they don't have any progress updates.

I am expected to call them tomorrow and ask for an update when the manager is in.

I know it's not this stores or managers fault why my phone isn't back yet... But hope the manager is prepared to get chewed out =/

Today is day 19 since I dropped it off.

I could understand delays for out of warranty not covered repairs... But this phone is fairly new, still in warranty, had an internal hardware issue. Ridiculous
BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Stay on top of it, keep track of everytime you call and responses.

My daughter once had a phone go in for repair and it vanished for months.  I took it to the President's office and provided a detailed description of every interaction that we had and how we had been bounced back and forth between the repair depot, the phone device company, the Roger's store, and managers, CSR's etc.

The outcome is that my daughter got a new phone of her choice and some compensation for the hours of frustration and absence of her phone for a long period.  

If I were in your shoes, my concern would be that no one is taking any initiative to tell you what is going on.  We did keep pressure high on the manager through the whole process, and like you, it really wasn't under their control, but I kept pressure on the manager because he was the person of first contact, although it still required the intervention of the office of the president to get a solution that was satisfactory.

Hillarious part is the repaired phone showed up at the store about 2 weeks (7 months from sending it in) after the President's office gave us the solution.  We told them to do what they wanted with it and advised them the ID number and contact person from the office of president.

It all got resolved to our satisfaction in the end, but it was a complete mess of the device company saying they didn't have it, the repair depot saying they didn't have it, the store not having it, not in transit anywhere - and none of those players would atake any resposibility, just passing it back and forth until I said, enough is enough.

Good luck and do keep the pressure up.

Bruce

dudlee
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the info... I gave them benefit of logistics time to get it fixed now i am gonna be persistent.

I have been trying to call Rogers store since they opened 2 hours ago... No answer.

I have called them so many times (at work with a headset). I have heard line ring over 500 times and no answer.
Been calling non stop for 15 minutes again and again.

How unprofessional I never seen a store avoid a phone even when busy.

I am about to leave work and just go there
dudlee
I Plan to Stick Around

Day 20. Nov 9 2016.

Went to store.
Spoke with manager .
0 updates.

They reached out to the repair center and got no response.

Manager promised to call me back later today
dudlee
I Plan to Stick Around

Day 20 - November 9th 1016

Just a followup

MANAGER DID NOT CALL ME AS PROMISED.

I called in asking for the manager as I received zero calls as promised in person.

Store rep says manager is gone for the day already

I am very upset.

I am gonna go right when they open and cause a scene tomorrow.

Edit: phone rep did some digging and called me back.
Said he spoke to the manager and they sent another email.

I said thanks but what else can you actually do? You already sent an email a week ago.
They ignored your inquiry and did not respond in 1 week.
So you send another email and they ignore you again, what is your escalation path!

The rep: we sent it to Samsung for repair and we don't get much info.
I said: no you sent the phone to futuretel which is a Samsung service center in Markham Ontario. Can you not call them?

I don't remember what the rep said in response cause I was so agitated....

I ended it off with give me your managers schedule and tell him to expect me bright and early!