Phone Plans

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Phone Plans

A family friend told me that there is a plan you can get with rogers where it is $75 per year, which includes unlimited texting. Is this true? If so, what would I have to do to get this plan, as i am look to purchase a new phone (nexus 5) but don't know what plan to choose. Also what would be the cost of the phone if I choose to purchase the phone from you guys? Thanks

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Phone Plans

This is a USER to USER forum, so you would be best to ask rogers directly.. at a store or over the phone.

Rogers sells the Nexus 5 for $499.
You would have to buy the phone outright, to be able to put it on a pay as you go plan like that.
(cant get subsidy'd coverage like on a month to month plan)

I dont think there is a $75/year plan, but there is this one which is $85 per year.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/paygo_promotions_monthlydiscount

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This is a USER to USER forum, so you would be best to ask rogers directly.. at a store or over the phone.

Rogers sells the Nexus 5 for $499.
You would have to buy the phone outright, to be able to put it on a pay as you go plan like that.
(cant get subsidy'd coverage like on a month to month plan)

I dont think there is a $75/year plan, but there is this one which is $85 per year.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/paygo_promotions_monthlydiscount

That one has unlimited texting as an option.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Any form of plan that costs a certain amount per year instead of month may be a Prepaid plan, though I haven't heard of one that consists of only texts.

As this is just a Forum, a Rogers employee will not be viewing this. Prepaid has a different phone number to contact them, you can call 1 800 575-9090 as Chat agents don't deal with Prepaid services. Though you will probably be offered a plan that can be seen on the website.

https://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=WRLS_PREPAID_LANDING

I suggest contacting them to confirm this texting plan you are looking into. Smiley Happy

I'm a Trusted Contributor

If you are reading this, trying googling  - Best Canadian Cell Phone Plans

There is one for May 2019.

It's now May 2019, so the yearly price for Rogers has increased significantly since 2014. FWIW.

Get 1-year of unlimited local evening and weekend local calling + unlimited texting for just $180.*

UNLIMITED Evening and Weekend Local Calling + UNLIMITED Texting1

$180 for 1 year* 

• Unlimited evening (6 p.m.-7 a.m.) and Weekend (Fri 6 p.m. - Mon 7 a.m.) local calls
  • 50 minutes of daytime local calling for the year
  • 50¢/minute for additional local daytime calls
  • 50¢/minute for Canadian and US long distance calls
  • Unlimited Canadian text messages1
  • 35¢/message for International text messages
  • Voicemail, Call Display, and Call Waiting included
  • Other services are available at applicable Pay-Per-Use rates – learn more here
  • Plan is valid for 12 months from the day you sign up