Petition for Nokia N8 PR2/Anna

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Petition for Nokia N8 PR2/Anna

Just FYI

I flashed my phone to the official Symbian Anna PR2.0 (022.014) and it isn't too difficult.  Having never done anything like that before, it took me about 7 hours on Sunday to get an unbranded, European (english) firmware onto my phone.  

Since the update has been released for a week now, I was able to flash it to an OFFICIAL firmware, so it's just as smooth (if not more smooth) as the *eventual Rogers release.

Think about it.

I've Been Here Awhile

can you give detailed instructions on how to do this, if rogers has not provided the update by the end of the week, it will be my and my 3 other family members last rogers phones.

I've Been Here Awhile

All you have to go is search for it online.  "Flashing nokia N8 using phoenix".

Phoenix is the software that you must use to flash your phone.  You can obtain the software from a program called "navifirm".

The rest is up to you

I'm Here A Lot

What will flashing your phone with Phoenix do to your warranty if your phone is less than a year old?

Community Manager (Retired) RogersGina
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey guys,
It's up to the manufacturer to provide the update to us for testing. I'll update you once I have more information about the release.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks to Gina for the update.

Over at the Nokia Support forums, it looks like updates for US product codes haven't even been released yet, so it was highly unlikely that we got the update before them. The latest batch of countries to receive the update (based on a spreadsheet released by a Nokia employee responsible for all of this) are all in Europe, so North America should be next.

Good news is that when Rogers received the 1.1 update, they released it pretty quickly. The issue seemed to be from Nokia's end in terms of delivering the update to Rogers in a timely manner.

Hopefully the even greater demand for this update, in comparison to that of for the 1.1 update, will be enough for Rogers to notice.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi guys....Nokia USA already has Symbian Anna Update for N8....i hope Canada will come soon!

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for clearing that up. I know that Rogers can't just grab it out of thin air. Looking forward to the release and see what it changed. The N8 is already an incredible piece of hardware. thanks
If my answer has helped, please click like or solved if it solved the problem.
I Plan to Stick Around

I fail to see why Rogers would need to do any testing with the ANNA update. They have two devices with ANNA available to customers as of now. The N8 has been available world wide for almost a year, and over two months with an official ANNA os. My belief is that ROGERS should not delay the ANNA update to cusotmers in any way shape or form. As soon as it is available to the NAM product code for Canada, we should just be able to update. Now if we can just get Nokia to hurry and realease BELLE for the N8 things will be all good.

Just my 2c

I Plan to Stick Around

hi guys....i checked out www.nokia.ca , if you click on software updates, and choose N8, you will see "LATEST SOFTWARE RELEASE FOR N8 IS 014.002"...which was released way back....well...i tried to update my N8 using OVI, and no updates available, so i went back to the site, and out of curiosity, i typed in the product code for Canada, which is 059D391...and it said "NO AVAILABLE UPDATE"....hayyyyyyyy.......i am getting tired of this.