Petition for Nokia N8 PR2/Anna

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Petition for Nokia N8 PR2/Anna

Seeing how Rogers has been quiet with regards to PR1.1 and 1.2 updates for their Nokia N8, even though the firmwares are available to them, I think I'm going to start an early petition.

Please keep conversation within this post to minimal and ask ALL, and any people you know, who has the Rogers' Nokia N8 to post.

Dear Rogers Firmware approval officers/whom who may concern,

It has come to your customers' knowledge that there has been at least 1firmware upgrade for the Rogers branded Nokia N8 released by Nokia.  It was informed by Nokia's employee(s) that the firmware has been made available for your approval to distribute to your customers.  Rogers customer service has been very quiet as to why these firmware updates were not distributed to their end consumer, even though it has been approved by Nokia, the manufacture, themselves.  Please see the attached link to the official help forum from Nokia:

http://discussions.nokia.com.au/t5/Software-Updates/Official-Nokia-N8-PR1-1-PR1-2-Software-Release-S...

We the customers of Rogers wireless would like Rogers to approve the firmware PR2.0/Anna made available to all Rogers' customer immediately when it is available from Nokia. 

We appreciate Rogers to at least provide your customer  PR1.1 update for the Nokia N8 for the time being, for that update includes a lot of bug fix and improve functions.

Sincerely,

Rogers' Customer and customers below.

***edited labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Petition for Nokia N8 PR2/Anna

i second the motion.

we customers need to know what is going on.

we just dont get a phone and be left for dead..

we customers deserve some explanations.

I'm Here A Lot

I would love to see the Nokia N8 updates availble for me and all Rogers' customers to download as soon as they are released by Nokia.

Community Manager (Retired) RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

@fsjonSymbian, @student_@84431, @nokialover

Hi everyone,

We're looking into this and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

I Plan to Stick Around

I support this motion.

In fact, I've acted upon it. I posted this in that thread listed in the OP:

"Hey Skyee,

I'm a Rogers Canada N8 user. 

Rogers FINALLY replied to its many customers about the long-awaited PR1.1 update, saying:

"@Community

Hi everyone,

We have spoken with Nokia Canada and the OS upgrade is not yet available for testing by Rogers. As you know, the availability of OS updates is up to the device manufacturer.

As soon as the manufacturer makes the OS available to us for testing, it will be made released to customers as appropriate.

Thank you for your patience, we will keep you posted."

So, what was said here seems in line with your recent status change of the update from "Awaiting Approval" to "In Creation".

2 Things:

- Can you tell us why the status changed back to "in creation"?

- Can you give a rough ETA as to when it will be available again?

Thanks!"

And got this response from a Nokia Community employee in charge of releasing these firmware packages (named "Skyee"):

"1) Rogers Canada

Thanks to krazycanuck2 for posting the Rogers reply. All I can tell you is that I have a FOTA package in my system that we can't release because Rogers hasn't approved PR1.1. I've escalated your post now to the Canadian team and wait for their response."

The latest excel spread sheet lists CANADA firmware 0.13.016 (aka PR 1.1) as "in creation", meaning this "version is currently with [Nokia's] software teams. We [Nokia] can't give a specific day here, but you can switch on the automatic software update check in your phone (via Menu > Applications > SW Update > Options > Settings > Auto-check for updates) and your N8 will prompt you as soon as the new software is available. There may be unforeseen delays for some products if any issues should be discovered in pre-release testing."

So, this is the latest response from Nokia.  Hopefully this info will be seen by one of the community managers here.

I Plan to Stick Around

1) Rogers Canada

Thanks to krazycanuck2 for posting the Rogers reply. All I can tell you is that I have a FOTA package in my system that we can't release because Rogers hasn't approved PR1.1. I've escalated your post now to the Canadian team and wait for their response.

omg....

I Plan to Stick Around

Finally some good (not great) news.

Skyee posted this 2nd update in response to my post on their forums:

"And one more update from Rogers as I got feedback from our North America team yesterday night.

PR1.1 software really IS with Rogers for testing & they are working on it. They gave our team the estimate that they will approve it around mid of May.

Note: This is the answer we got from Rogers - we don't have any influence over this timeline, so if there are delays happening it's out of our control. I'll nevertheless keep you updated as soon as I hear anything related to this case."

I remain hopeful that if Rogers has indeed responded to its Nokia customers by virtue of the number that have asked for this firmware, they might now be more aware that PR 2.0 (Anna) is upcoming and will deliver it to us in a timely manner.

Erin, can you confirm this?

I've Been Around

uh... mid-May? Seriously?

Don't want to offend anyone but this is a very long time for patch UAT on Rogers end. It makes me wonder about the commitment to the customer here.

I Plan to Stick Around

ive read a thread from nokia on pr 1.1 and pr 1.2

pr 1.1 and pr 1.2 are just optional updates and more likely rogers didnt get the optional updates.

and the thread that ive also ready was releasing pr 2.0(anna) with rough eta...may 17th..

im not sure why rogers are totally ignoring us customers

not confirming anything

patience we have that

frustrations we have that too

Retired Moderator RogersJean
Retired Moderator

We can confirm that Rogers has the Nokia N8 PR1.1 software and are currently testing the update. We’ll make this update available as soon as possible, most likely by the end of May.

We can confirm that the WP7 NoDo update available through Zune has been certified to work on the Rogers device. To update your device simply connect to Zune and the upgrade will be installed.