Personal Hotspot question !

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Personal Hotspot question !

Hi Mr. Rogers online support,  i have a another question about "personal hotspot" .

I would like to know if i turn on my "Personal Hotspot" from my iPhone on, "DO I GET EXTRA CHARGE for DATA" ? or the Personal Hotspot uses DATA base on your Monthly DATA Limitation ? i mean like does Personal Hotspot get charge exclusively regardless how much DATA limit i have on my Plan ? Thanks so much in advance for replying. Appreciat your time.

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Personal Hotspot question !

Hello RandySolara

No The Personal Hotspot will you use data from the data you have on your plan. Remember tho, if you are using it on a laptop or anything else and go over your data package, you will need to pay the over charge for it.

****Updated Solution****

When you use your device i.e. iPhone, Samsung etc. as a hotspot it uses the data from your monthly data allowance, and if you go over that allowance you would be charged for overages on your data plan.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello RandySolara

No The Personal Hotspot will you use data from the data you have on your plan. Remember tho, if you are using it on a laptop or anything else and go over your data package, you will need to pay the over charge for it.

****Updated Solution****

When you use your device i.e. iPhone, Samsung etc. as a hotspot it uses the data from your monthly data allowance, and if you go over that allowance you would be charged for overages on your data plan.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

thanks