Personal Hotspot: How to disable bluetooth tethering but leave bluetooth turned on?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Personal Hotspot: How to disable bluetooth tethering but leave bluetooth turned on?

I noticed that if Bluetooth is enabled, then when you enable Personal Hotspot, it doesn't prompt to share over Bluetooth, it just shares it. But, if BT is disabled, then when you enable personal hotspot, it prompts to ask if you want to enable sharing over bluetooth.

I tend to leave BT on all the time for my headset. I will also tend to leave tethering turned on, but I don't like the idea of sharing over BT then being enabled all the time. Any way around this?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Personal Hotspot: How to disable bluetooth tethering but leave bluetooth turned on?

Hi KWRogers,

I have not had this specific issue brought to my attention. This sounds like it could be a bug with your specific device or with the 4.3 software all together.

Apart from the basic reset, I would recommend bringing this up with Apple directly at 1800 MY APPLE to see if they are aware of this before going through more extreme troubleshooting. Be sure to keep us updated!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: Personal Hotspot: How to disable bluetooth tethering but leave bluetooth turned on?

anyone?

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi KWRogers,

I have not had this specific issue brought to my attention. This sounds like it could be a bug with your specific device or with the 4.3 software all together.

Apart from the basic reset, I would recommend bringing this up with Apple directly at 1800 MY APPLE to see if they are aware of this before going through more extreme troubleshooting. Be sure to keep us updated!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks Jean. On your advice, I called Apple. As of the current released, there is no way to discretely enable wifi tethering but disable Bluetooth tethering, while leaving Bluetooth enabled in general. The only way to enable just wifi tethering would be to disable bluetooth. Might be something in some upcoming OS update, but no speculation one way or the other.