Persistent bad signal on ch. 47

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Persistent bad signal on ch. 47

For about two weeks now, I've been seeing a lot of signal problems on Roger channel 47 (WPCH Atlanta). It has been unwatchable due to video and audio artifacts, drop-outs and freezes. I don't see this on any of the other couple of dozen channels I watch frequently, most of which are in the 2-110 range.

At first I thought it was just a nasty storm in the path of a local transmitter, but it's been going on way too long.

Anybody else seeing this?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Persistent bad signal on ch. 47

check your signal strength on channel 47  mine is 9dBmV and it seems normal,  also this channel is 669 mhz so if othr channels in that range are having problems u might have a bad splitter or signal leakage

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't have a signal meter with which to test the signal strength.

I spoke to Customer Service and was told that the problem is with my TV, and I should contact the manufacturer. Smiley Frustrated

If 47 is on 669 MHz, are the adjacent channels (46 and 48) on adjacent frequencies?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hold the pause button on the remote for 10-15 seconds, when u see the lamp flash on the rogers box, press the page up key. this will be your signal meter to measure the signal strength. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@Pauly wrote:

hold the pause button on the remote for 10-15 seconds, when u see the lamp flash on the rogers box, press the page up key. this will be your signal meter to measure the signal strength. 

Thanks, Pauly! I didn't know about that.

I'm also showing 9 dBmV on that channel and most others. (Only a few I tried showed 10 dBmV.)

Swapping out TVs shows that the issue is with my SA8300 box. (Or with the component cables leading out of it, though it seems strange I would be encountering audio and video dropouts at the same time.)

I guess I'll have to see if I have other cables...

I Plan to Stick Around

Try unplugging and plugging in the box. Sometimes that will fix weak signal problems. Don't ask me how that works, my guess is that it gets fixed on the signal at a point where there's a drop and never readjusts when it's stronger.