People are getting calls from me but I'm not making them

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

People are getting calls from me but I'm not making them

Hi,

I'm aware of this post in the apple section:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Apple_Devices/message-id/22684#M...

but my phone is android so I've recreated it here.

I'm having this same problem. Twice now people have called/texted to say they got a call from me but I haven't called anyone and there are no calls in my call log.

Next time it happens I will sift through android's logcat and see what is initiating the call. If there is nothing I will assume it is someone (telemarketers?) spoofing my number and see what I can do about it.

Just wondering if anyone has found out any additional information to add to this issue so I can avoid trying a factory reset for no reason as that is annoying.

Thanks

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: People are getting calls from me but I'm not making them

Hello casanovacoconut

There isn't much u can do unless you do a factory reset OR contact Rogers tech support and have them do a investigation on the line to see who's really making those phones calls.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I did contact rogers support and they said all they could suggest was the factory reset. Knowing if the calls actually originated from my phone would have been handy. Unfortunately I didn't know that was an option.

I may still do the reset if it happens again but I'd like to find the cause first so I can avoid it when I restore all my settings.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello casanovacoconut

Agreed. Also remember sometimes the it's rare but it does happen that someone can be on your line and can cause it. I have ha this my self a few years ago have happen. If it does happen again, I try the reset.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

As in another phone on a shared plan kind of thing (I've only got the one phone under my account) or as in another phone accidentally ported over to the same number (I figured this would need some sort of sim card reset)?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello casanovacoconut

It means someone has hacked into your line per say and is able to make calls OR it could be a Rogers end problem with their network. The only way they can see who made those calls is if they do a investigation on the line and see if the calls did happen from you sim or not.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ok. Thanks.

If it happens again I'll try to find out if it's just my phone if not or if I can't find out I'll check with Rogers to see where the call came from and possibly reset my phone or not.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello casanovacoconut

Exactly that would be the best thing to do!. You are welcome:)