Paying through Online Banking

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Paying through Online Banking

I've been trying to set up my bank account through Scotiabank to pay my Rogers bill, but everything I select as the payee name won't work for some reason. I've double and triple checked my account number and I can't figure out why I cannot add them as a payee.  What am I missing?  

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Paying through Online Banking

Hello mistress_of

I hope this has been resolved already but in case it is not:

Each finacial insitutuion should have at least two option for each service provider as a option for payee. This is due to the two types of account number that each would have. Different providers have different lengths of numbers.

Rogers' two options would usually be "Rogers - WIR" for accounts that have a cellphone or homephone on your regular bill and "Rogers - CABLE" for all internet and cable accounts that do not have a cellphone or homephone attached to it.

The names may vary from bank to bank but it should offer two options as a payee.

Just keep in mind that even though you may have your 12 digit cable/internet account number, if there is any cellphone or homephone on your same bill, you must use the 9 digit one instead since the 12 digit one is linked through it.

Hope this helps. 🙂

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While i am not with Scoita, i am with TD, i will at least list what TD has (incase its similar)

ROGERS (WIRELESS,HOME PHONE)

Now, i have all my services with them.. home phone included (not sure if that makes a difference on the choice).

48xxxxxxx

That is the format of my account code (blocked out for obvious reasons).  Its 9 numbers long.

It should be the account number in the VERY top right corner of your bill.

Try entering it, without any of the dashes (-) in it?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I tried putting the account number in with and without the dashes, and I chose every type of available selection that Scotiabank gave me. I guess I'll have to contact Rogers via phone to see what the problem is.  Thanks a bunch!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I know on mine, there are a bunch of payees that come up, on TD as well.

Maybe worth a shout to your banks online banking support, and see if they know which one is the likely one to be it?

Wish i could be more help, not having the same bank is hard to 100% help 😛 🙂

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

mdcee:

I bank with BNS and have paid Rogers through them for the last couple of years. My setup is my 9 digit Rogers' wireless account number (no dashes, blanks, etc. in it), plus the actual name BNS shows me is Rog Wireles which, I guess, is the maximum number of characters the web site allows. If I recall correctly, my bank account number also has no dashes or blanks in it. I hope some of this helps. If not, maybe a call to BNS customer support would be appropriate. I doubt that Rogers can help you.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi there!

So I've been trying to figure out how to set it up so that I can pay my Rogers internet bill through my TD bank account. HOw ever I don't know which payee to choose...

My options are: Rogers Cable, Rogers Media, Rogers PayGo, Rogers Wireless, there is no option for internet...

Does anyone know whay I choose?

Thank you!

I believe the option you would choose is Rogers Cable. Once you select  this option you will then be required to input yout account number. If the account number is accepted, you should be good to go. 

****Updated Solution****

If you have any of the following Rogers services that is not consolidated: Cable or Internet then the correct account to pay/add is Rogers cable which has a 12 digit number, but if you have Home Phone or Wireless then  the correct account to pay/add is Rogers Wireless which is a 9 digit number. If your account is consolidated and all of your services, Cable, Internet, Home Phone, and Wireless is all billed together then the correct account to pay/add is Rogers Wireless which is your 9 digit consolidated number.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Mine is listed as rogers wireless... but it is an account, that did NOT have wireless on it when initialy set up.. only home phone... but likely lists under wireless due to the phone number part of it.

As long as the account number fits/meets the requirements for that entry.. you should be OK.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

I bank at Scotiabank and my Rogers bill payment is also wireless, like Gdkitty's.

Highlighted

My reply was based on the fact that the OP indicated that he had only an Internet bill to pay. In the past, I have been involved with 3 different accounts. The one with Internet and TV, the payment is Rogers Cable (using a 12-digit account number). The other two (with 9-digit account numbers are paid to Rogers Wireless. So I believe it depends on how many digits the account number has.

https://www.wfcu.ca/SharedContent/documents/BillPaymentVendors/BillPaymentSuppliers.pdf