Pay to receive calls

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Pay to receive calls

Why must I pay to recieve calls? I have a sim card in Europe and I don't pay to receive calls.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Pay to receive calls

That's the way prepaid plans in Canada work, regardless of provider
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

post paid works the same way too. there are unlimited incoming options available, but they are not part of the basic plans, theyre more intermediate or add ons but they exist for sure in monthly plans, not sure about prepaid

I've Been Here Awhile

the reason you pay for everything received, is because all the big companies got together and agreed to charge people for everything. It was free to call from rogers pay as u go to rogers pay as you go. but it wasn't making enough money for their "shareholders" or their quaterly profits weren't growing bigger then previous quaterly profits.

Wait til Canada post gets a hold of this idea, we'll be paying to receive mail too. Smiley Happy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I already pay to receive telephone calls from telemarketers, they call my cell when im usually travelling resulting in IRM chargrs, which is esentialyl a long distance charge cus im out of my calling area.