Pay As You Go

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Pay As You Go

Hi,

I recently switched to Rogers Pay as You Go plan. I'm on the Talk/Text/Internet 20 plan.

My question is, is $20 supposed to be deducted from my balance every month?  This is what has been happening, Yesterday my balance was $27, today it was $4.

This doesn't really make sense to me, because the minutes aren't really "rolling over" (like the plan claims) if it takes away $20 every month (and then I "top up" to add $20 again, giving me exactly the same balance). It basically just gives me exactly the same amount of minutes every month, which is not "rolling over".

When I was with MTS Pay as You Go it would actually add to your balance every month. (So say I paid $15 for Month 1 and didn't use any minutes, it would go up to $30 when I topped up for Month 2, etc etc).  I thought I'd be getting something similar with Rogers Pay as You Go, but apparently not?

Edit: Now that I've been reading about different Pay As You Go plans, I see there are plans that don't have much of a monthly charge (0.75). I guess I'm paying the $20 monthly fee for the unlimited texts, and anything I pay over $20 is what rolls over.  Very different than how MTS works....

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi , if you still have further questions, feel free to contact our Pay as you Go team at 1-800-575-9090.

RogersKyleC

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Are any of you familiar with 'Pay-as-You-Go' issues?  I, too, have been trying to reach a Rogers respresentative to have a question answered & all I get are recordings.  Thanks.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Don't they just answer the phones during   regular business hours at Pay as You Go ? 

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Not just business hours, as far as I know.

You can reach PayGo at 1-800-575-9090. To reach a representative choose option 4, then option 4 again (how to contact Rogers). At the end of the information on how to contact Rogers, you will select option 1 to speak with an a agent.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted

@OLDYELLR ... I called and followed the procedure for the number you have suggested  last night and  again at 9 am this morning and the reponse was.... the office is currently closed  go to the website ...  same response i have had before when I called outside business hours ...  you must know some one on the inside if you get service afterhours  . Smiley LOL

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I's been a few months since I had to call, so I don't remember the time.  However, since since it's not just general assistance customers would be looking for, it may well be "business hours".

Which does enforce the fact that PayGo customers are less important and may need to wait through a weekend to get help.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Good Afternoon @Community,

The hours of operation for our Pay As You Go department are as follows:

Mon - Fri: 8am - 12am
Sat: 8am - 9pm
Sun: 10am - 8pm

Hope this helps!

@RogersGabrielle

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

You probably mean Mon - Fri: 8am - 12pm , i.e midnight. That always gets me confused.

Highlighted

Best bet is to use your words isn't it ... @OLDYELLR    Smiley Wink

Doesn't quite look like business hours that's for sure ... maybe putting them on the answering machine during the hours calls aren't being taken would be a thought. Smiley Wink