Password

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Password

Just broke up with bf.  He returned his phone I pay for on my account.  It's password protected and he won't give me the password.  Do I have to pay the $50 to have it unlocked even though its already a phone on my account and I hold the bill for?  Or is there a way to bypass it being that I'm the owner already??

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Password

Hello booboobear

If the phone is password locked, then nothing can happen unless you have the password and unlock it. The$50 unlocking fee is to unlock the device to be used on another carrier. It can't unlock the device if there is a password or passcode.

You will need to get him to give u the password in order to access the phone or contact the manufacturer and see what they can do ( in most cases nothing unfortunately)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello booboobear

If the phone is password locked, then nothing can happen unless you have the password and unlock it. The$50 unlocking fee is to unlock the device to be used on another carrier. It can't unlock the device if there is a password or passcode.

You will need to get him to give u the password in order to access the phone or contact the manufacturer and see what they can do ( in most cases nothing unfortunately)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hi, there might be a way to "remove" the password, but doing such usually involves either factory resetting the phone to the way it came from out of the box, you might loose all the info on it,  or flashing it with a firmware/software update might also erase the phones hard drive clean as well, other than that, u might wanna contact the manufacturer or the local fli markets as they might offer other services which might help u out

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pauly

Depends on the device. If the device is locked, you can't access the settings to do the factory reset.... Neither will the programs vis your computer ( like iTunes, Samsung Kies, HTC Sync). It will prompt you to input the password before. Also the OP should be aware of this as well
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

yes clearly it depends on the device, ive done it with some devices, im not going to go into specifics but some can do it, some cant.

best of luck eh