cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pageonce app blocked from accessing Rogers account data

captainnapalm
I've Been Here Awhile

I am trying to use the Pageonce app (this is likely not an Android specific issue, however since I'm using Android it's where I felt best to put this) to consolidate all of my bank/bills/etc into one place, however I am unable to add my Rogers account.

I sent an email to Rogers asking for the ability to add Rogers to Pageonce and the response I got was that it is "blocked".  No further explanation given.

I understand that there is a My Account app, which I do use, however, I'm wondering if there's any specific reason Pageonce is blocked.

***edited labels***

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Pageonce app blocked from accessing Rogers account data

RogersJean
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi captainnapalm,

My assumption would be that we do not want to share any personal and private information with a 3rd party app. I do not see this changing anytime in the near future as we do have the MyAccount app in place for that specific reason.

iPhoneFan
I Plan to Stick Around

The whole point of the Pageonce app is to have all my account and banking information available in one single app - to help keep track of everything easily.  If I am giving Pageonce permission to access my account I don't see the issue.  Hell, they have my bank account and credit card account info which is much more "valuable", so what's the problem with sharing my Rogers account?

captainnapalm
I've Been Here Awhile

That's exactly it.  I'm giving Pageonce the permission.  It shouldn't be for Rogers to decide who I am and am not allowed to have access to my account information.  As iPhoneFan said, the point of the app is to have everything available in one single app.

You mean... the My Account app that _doesn't even work under Wi-Fi_?!

You guys want to get paid, amirite?

Just unblock the app already or let us talk to someone who doesn't need to make silly assumptions (ie., someone who knows what's going on).

Ya, thanks.

Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor
I prefer the method facebook or twitter or flikr allows third party access by you giving it access not the other way around.

Rogers should allow third party access to those that have been given express permission.

Skeeter
I've Been Around

I have been working my way up the chain in regards to this. They acknowledge that it is "our customers' data". I pointed out that many, many banks, credit unions and credit card companies allow this app. I would take it on faith that the banks regulations and penalties would be far more arduous and their security much more rigorous than a wireless carrier.

Another aspect to this is that their competitors (Telus, Bell, Fido, Virgin,) have not blocked this app and are found when on the Pageonce site easily when trying to add another account.

Their argument that they have security on their network is smoke. Who in this age wouldn't? They have put an IP block against this app to protect their data mine and dole it out only to friends. How very 90's.

Skeeter

Very Interesting Mr. Rogers!!  

I finally find an application that I can use to help keep me organized in life, and it's all in one convenient place with the Pageonce Assistant and sure enough, the only road block is my Rogers account.  I scoured the internet briefly to find an answer.  Only to find a lot of similar blogs and reviews to this one.   I'm very disappointed with the excuse provided by Rogers that they are interested in protecting my account information.  I feel like I'm 12 years old all over again, and mom and dad are making the decisions for me.  I'm happy with Rogers service overall, I'm just disappointed that Rogers will not allow me to empower myself with tools like the Pageonce Assistant.   

Nuff said!

Hmmm...

This app was rated by forbes magazine, new york times, etc.  It is secured by mcafee and etruste, and already has over 1 million users.  Not to mention the $6.5 Million in institutional funding.  I seriously doubt it is a security risk that is preventing Rogers from jumping on board.

The rogers "my account" app isn't available to customers that only have rogers internet service.  This problem has reassured me that I am with the right carrier for wireless, tv, and home phone service.

Thanks for nothing!!

D

Sikandar
I'm Here A Lot

Three years later and Rogers is still the only remaining major telecom provider blocking the Pageonce service in Canada... unbelievable. With the services being so similar these days this is one of those small things that would sway me to Bell.

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 in conversation