Packages Upgraded

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Packages Upgraded

So I've noticed they updated the upload speeds on the packages and pricing. I should be getting 3 mbps upload but I've tested it via speedtest.net and noticing I am still only getting 1. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this or has an answer to why. Thanks.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Packages Upgraded

Ok, so you are on the gateway.

They may just not have done your area yet.

Give it till Dec 1st, then go from there.

Make sure you are doing your speed test, via the rogers site, or if using a 3rd party, the closest node to you.

If its not up by Dec 1st, give them a call, there may be something your on the wrong plan code or something, which needs to be switched.

Mine was switched over last weekend, and am getting the new 2mbps, vs 512kbps before.  The down is definately up as well.. its harder to guage that, as the speed boost inflates the numbers.. but with the speedboost, i was getting 48mbps, on the 25mb plan!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

They are upgrading areas in waves, its suposed to be done by Dec 1st, so your area may not be done yet.

Also, what modem are you using? To get the new speeds, you must be using one of the D3 gateways.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

CISCO DPC3825
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok, so you are on the gateway.

They may just not have done your area yet.

Give it till Dec 1st, then go from there.

Make sure you are doing your speed test, via the rogers site, or if using a 3rd party, the closest node to you.

If its not up by Dec 1st, give them a call, there may be something your on the wrong plan code or something, which needs to be switched.

Mine was switched over last weekend, and am getting the new 2mbps, vs 512kbps before.  The down is definately up as well.. its harder to guage that, as the speed boost inflates the numbers.. but with the speedboost, i was getting 48mbps, on the 25mb plan!

View solution in original post