cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Changes? International Film Channel?

Robbell
I Plan to Stick Around

Has Rogers made recent changes to the package lineups.

I have Digital VIP and have always been able to get channel 84 IFC until today when it says I'm not authorized.

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Package Changes? International Film Channel?

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hello Community

On April 3rd 2014 the International Film Channel (IFC Channel 84 & 329) was replaced with Crime + Investigation (formerly called Mystery, Channel 276) in VIP & Digital Plus.

Efforts were made to appropriately notify all impacted customers in advance of the change. Messages informing customers of the change were placed on invoices in February & March of 2014, a reminder was recently sent in the same manner in March of 2015.  If you did not receive notification, we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

A free preview of the channel was provided to customers from April 3rd 2014 to April 3rd 2015.

The free preview ended as of April 3rd /2015.

International Film Channel is available as a standalone channel, as a part of the More Movies Theme Pack or with the Ultimate Specialty Channels package.

*channels may vary by area

RogersAsif

View solution in original post

71 REPLIES 71

BradleyE
I've Been Around

Channel 84 (IFC) Basic Plus cable serive has stopped working... can someone explain this to me... rebooting  did nothing!

Waveparticle
I've Been Here Awhile

Noticed this too. Checked recent bills, no mention of the change. IFC no longer appears in the VIP Pkg list so I can only assume it's been dropped. Had that channel and VIP for years. Not only do I lose one of the few channels I watch but the VIP Pkg price increased too. Oh Rogers, you would never survive in a competitive environment.

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hello Community

On April 3rd 2014 the International Film Channel (IFC Channel 84 & 329) was replaced with Crime + Investigation (formerly called Mystery, Channel 276) in VIP & Digital Plus.

Efforts were made to appropriately notify all impacted customers in advance of the change. Messages informing customers of the change were placed on invoices in February & March of 2014, a reminder was recently sent in the same manner in March of 2015.  If you did not receive notification, we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

A free preview of the channel was provided to customers from April 3rd 2014 to April 3rd 2015.

The free preview ended as of April 3rd /2015.

International Film Channel is available as a standalone channel, as a part of the More Movies Theme Pack or with the Ultimate Specialty Channels package.

*channels may vary by area

RogersAsif

View solution in original post

What was the reason for the change?