PVR storage space

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: PVR storage space

@dugger36

Did you see my post 18 of this thread. Have you got the issue sorted?

dugger36
I'm Here A Lot

Exactly the same recordings. Really weird is that when I record programs on the older box downstairs they do not appear on the newer one upstairs BUT when I record programs upstairs they copy also to the older box downstairs. I'm thinking the boxes are haunted....... 🙂

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You didn't really answer my question. I was asking if you have any scheduled recordings in the 8300HD that are the same as the ones scheduled in the 9865 and that's why they're being recorded downstairs too? Go into "List - Scheduled" on the 8300HD.

Also, have you tried setting a new scheduled recording upstairs that you know is not also scheduled downstairs just as a test?

Have you rebooted both PVRs?  It's perhaps possible that the 8300HD is not actually recording the programming but simply "seeing" the recordings the same way a STB would in WHPVR, even though the 8300HD shouldn't really do that.

dugger36
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks. Took your suggestion and rebooted both boxes. It WORKED! Thanks for your help. Strange stuff always has a solution......Well, most of the time. Thanks again...

Tammara
I've Been Here Awhile

Space on my PVR

We seem to suddenly have almost no space remaining on our NextBox PVR (up at 93% consumed) and we have probably less than 20 things recorded at the moment..... but... we do have three very strange recordings that say they were recorded on Wed Dec 31, 1969, 0 minutes that we can't seem to delete or remove. What can we do about this?

We have tried power cycling the box to no avail.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Tammara : I have a few suggestions.

1. If you have no recordings that you care about on the PVR, you could do a "factory reset". Go to Settings - Scroll up one to Troubleshooting - select Factory Reset. This will, however, delete any recordings and settings like favourites, scheduled recordings, etc.  Don't do this if you wish those items saved.

2. The 1969 recordings sometimes happen, but you should be able to delete them. Do a reboot, then immediately delete the recordings and do another reboot. It may take until the next day before they're gone.

3. Sometimes a PVR will have a "runaway" recording. The record light should stay lit on the front when this happens and you'll find one of your recent recordings was recording for many hours. Watch and then delete that long recording.

Tammy7
I've Been Around

The same thing has been happening to me for the last couple of months. I have to reboot to delete the bogus 'undefined' recording' saying it's recorded on Dec.31,1969 and it eats up all my storage. Then every couple of days it does it again!! Plus when this happens it doesn't tape all my shows!! So annoying. 

RogersTony

Hello @Tammy7,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can imagine how frustrating it must be dealing with this recording that keeps coming back and taking up all of the precious memory on the PVR. =(

Since this has become a recurring issue and the Reboot then Delete option is not working a Factory Reset is probably your best bet to get this resolved once and for all. You can find the steps on how to do this in Post 26 of this thread directly above yours. This will wipe the memory on your PVR so all previously saved and scheduled recordings will be deleted.

I hope this helps to solve your problem, keep us posted on how things go after the Factory Reset!

RogersTony