Thanks for the info . This week I have ordered the Shaw PVR expander online . Hope it works.
I wish the stores in New Brunswick had the expander for sale guess the next best thing is online. I just hope the unit works with my dx3400.
Is anyone else seeing freezing sound and picture yesterday? It seems to be fine today
What is the largest size that I can install in the NEXT3 HDPVR ? I have a 3TB Western Digital Drive and would like to use it. I tend to record long programmes - Tennis, Hockey and Baseball games. Add Game of Thrones and you need a large space. The unit is mine so I can swap, but not sure if the drive is too large.
As I mentioned over on Digital Home.
1. I believe the maximum that will be formatted on an 8642 (NB2) is 1TB, but I'm not sure anyone has tried a larger drive since the 8642 is so slow.
2. I believe the maximum that will be formatted on a 9865 (NB3) is 2TB, but since these are relatively new, I don't believe very many people have tried.
3. If they tried, they usually put in a 1TB drive since that's more than enough storage for most people, especially now with "Media Shrink".
Good luck and let us know.
I have abandoned the project until I can find time to get the screws on the PVR off. Half of the screws have been stripped, perhaps when it was refurbished. I have the correct drive, but I can see the srcews are stripped.
This may be a first......Here's the problem. I have two TV boxes. One upstairs with a tv set, of course, and second one downstairs in rec. room with TV. Now the problem....When I record programs from TV upstairs to that box they also record on the box downstairs. Just discovered this today and the box downstairs disk is full, of course, as we rarely use that set. Is there any way of preventing this from happening? Also, there are so many recorded programs to delete downstairs and it appears I have to delete them one at a time. Any way to delete the recorded programmes all at once? Any help would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks....
1. What are the exact makes/models of the PVRs?
2. I'm assuming you have WHPVR (Whole Home PVR). The programmes are not actually recorded on both, they are just recorded on one and accessible from both. I'm not that familiar with WHPVR, but I believe the recordings go either to the PVR where you set the recording or the PVR with the most disk space available - assuming that you actually have two PVRs. Does the upstairs "box" also show full?
3. If you have Navigatr firmware, here are the instructions for deleting multiple recordings.
Go to List, Manage PVR Space on the right side of the screen, select the recordings and delete them. If you're going to try this, don't select more than say 5-10 recordings at a sitting because the 8642 is pretty slow and may reboot if you try to do too much at a time. This process is not instantaneous and you need to be patient. You may only be able to delete from the PVR that actually has the recording - again, I'm not a WHPVR expert. I'm surprised that you have two PVRs - perhaps you only have one and the other is a set top box - that will be explained when you answer question 1 regarding the model numbers.
4. If you have SA8300HDs, those run SARA firmware and I don't recall how to delete more than one recording. I don't believe they work with WHPVR anyway, so it's unlikely you have those.
5. You can delete more than one recording on any PVR using RAPTV/Anyplace - see link below. Again, don't do more than say 5-10 at a time and be patient:
Thanks for the reply. I figured out how to delete all the recorded programs from the box downstairs. However, the recording of programs on the box upstairs, which is a NetBox 3.0 HDPVR, also gets recorded on the older box downstairs, Scientific Atlanta, Model Explorer 8300HD.
That said, the recording of programs on the box downstairs fortunately does not carry over to the upstairs box.
Just trying to figure out how to block the recordings going to the downstairs older box....It's a mystery.....I shall plug along.....
Yeah.. as far as i was aware.. the 8300 (which is running SARA) shouldnt BE part of the Whole Home PVR setup..
That's what I thought, the SA8300 SARA boxes are not compatible with the Whole Home system.