PVR record multiple stages of the Tour de France

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

PVR record multiple stages of the Tour de France

OK, I give up. How does one set recording a series with variably titled episodes. Specifically I want to record all  the stages of the Tour de France being broadcast on Sportsnet. When I highlight a stage to record and choose 'Record Series' I only end up with the recording of the stage that was initially selected.

I am guessing that because each guide entry  has the stage number incorporated into the episode name the programmes are not considered to be part of a 'series'.

Can I record record the Tour de France? I am away from internet access for two weeks and cannot set all of the individual stages to be recorded (beyond the first seven).

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: PVR record multiple stages of the Tour de France

I have an 8300 and the "old" guide. I first tried to st it to record "first run this channel" but it would only catch the first stage, because the episodes were named "Tour de France: Stage 1", "Tour de France: Stage 2", etc. So I had to pick them individually from the Guide day by day. Worse yet, the episodes switched channels. I started with Stages 1 and 2 on SN0HD (22) but then had to switch to SN1HD (99). I just now added Stages 6 and 7 to the schedule before there was no more data available.. I don't know if the Nextbox 3 does a better job.

Can you manually schedule timed recordings on one channel from 6 am until 1 pm every day, skipping rest days if you like?

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I can set each stage to record through the guide. My challenge is that being away on a canoe trip for the last 14 stages, the guide has only 7 days in advance so I will miss the last third of the race.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

You didn't say which PVR you have. On the SA8300 I can go to  "LIST", press "B", Schedule a new Manual Recording, choose the channel, go to "DAY" and select "Daily" then for START and STOP select 6;00 am and  1:00 p.m.  That will record everything on that channel at that time until you cancel the recordings. You don't need the Guide. The only thing is the recordings will have no description, just "Manual Recording", but you'll know what they are.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You can still do a manual recording on the nb2 and 3 as well, it's just hidden in the menus.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

My PVR is the Nextbox 3.0.

I did find the manually entered recording in the guide, a feature that I was not previously aware of, but even the manually entered recording is limited to seven days in advance (why?).

I am dissapointed at the feature set of the guide and the inability to perform scheduled recording that my 1980's betamax was capable of.

Thank's for the effort.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you are in an area with cell reception, and have a smartphone, the home edition app is also an option, can schedule recordings from it.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Darlh123 wrote:

My PVR is the Nextbox 3.0.

I did find the manually entered recording in the guide, a feature that I was not previously aware of, but even the manually entered recording is limited to seven days in advance (why?)

The SARA software with the 8300 lets me set a manual recording up to 13 days ahead. Not sure what setting a recording "Daily" would do. Then there's the issue of enough disk space. I know my 8300 has a capacity og 20 hours HD and being 64% full, I could only record one stage ahead, or 3 stages if I erased what I have saved. The NB3, especially with an external drive, could do a lot better, I'm sure. But it's sad that a newer generation PVR would be missing features, or have features cut back, that existed on the previous generation. That's not progress.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I just want to post to add my name to the list of people wanting my PVR to work as intended, and be able to set-and-forget something like (and including) all Tour de France episodes without having to manually find and set EVERY SINGLE ONE. TdeF is just one example of dozens of season-long sporting events that can't be Series Recorded due to a change in program titling in the last year.

As I've said many times before, it's issues such as this that make me wonder if Rogers execs even use their own products.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Remember, that guide info is NOT entered by rogers, just loaded by them.

Guide info is set by 3rd party providers... so its them which are entering the sporting events that way.

All that being said, it is rogers choice on WHO they use for this info, and should be pressuring them to change, or change providers, etc.