PVR Space

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

PVR Space

Is there any way to make your PVR have more space on it?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: PVR Space

Hello DiscoGranny

You can get the NextBox HD PVR 8642 which has the 500GB on OR get a Extender Harddrive & plug it in via the USB port.

If the box is rented, you can not change the hard drive it came with.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Yes there is.

The easiest way is to purchase and install a PVR Extender.  This is a plug and play device, as soon as you connect it, it automatically sets itself up and immdieately gives you more space.

The harder way is to physically open your pvr, and swap out the current hard drive with a larger once (do not attempt if you rent the pvr from the cable company).  You can search the forums or google hard drive replacement in pvr to get more info.

I'm a Regular

I have the 8642, but you aren't allowed to increase the space if it is rent to own? Why?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DiscoGranny

That is because if you need tech support within he period you are renting to own it & changed the Hard drive, they will void the warranty as you opened the box. Once you own it completely then you can do it.

The warranty does say if you open the box it will void the warranty if you have warranty on the box or renting it.
I'm a Regular

You aren't even allowed to use the PVR extender? That isn't very fair.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DiscoGranny

You can buy a PVR extender & use that if you like  but you are not allowed to open the PVR box & changed the hard drive from the inside as that will void the warranty. The PVR extender just plugs into the USB & its a plug & play thing. That is allowed.

I'm a Regular

How much space does the extender give you?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DiscoGranny

It depends which one you get. I have a 1TB PVR Extender. It costed me $149.99+tax.  I have this one here.

http://www.orderrogers.ca/sale/products/BNHDPVR-Extender1000?order=true

I'm a Regular

How many GBs is a TB?