PVR Space

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: PVR Space

Hello DiscoGranny

No it would not make it overheat as the extender is NOT inside the box. The Extender is outside of the 8642 box so it will have nothing to do with it. All it does is pluggint it in & recording this on the extender.

I'm a Regular

On top of the box, I think there is a vent on top of the 8642.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DiscoGranny

10140988_1.jpg
If you have the box, you would see most of the box is open with cuts & holes so air can get it.

I'm a Regular

So it wouldn't be a problem then?

It looks like you're about to get to 8,000 posts.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DiscoGranny

Yea it would not be a problem at all.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you are worried about the heat, etc.. then dont put it ontop, just has to be relatively near.

My setup, i have a tall media tower, where my rogers box, dvd, blueray, surround sound, etc is.

The cable is long enough, to go from one shelf, down to the next, where i have my extender.

I'm a Regular

Ok I think I will call them, but what is that triangle picture?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DiscoGranny

Call them & see if they have any in stock.. The price tho will be a bit heavy you need to understand that.

The triangle picture was a picture of the 8642 box top via to show you how it has vents ontop for air to get it.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

He was posting a picture of the box... the the rogers people need to aprove the picture, before it shows.

I'm a Regular

Ok, Thank You.