PVR Software (Menu) Upgrade

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SolidSawyer
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: PVR Software (Menu) Upgrade

Hmm. I've been tuning into my HD channels in the 500s for like 3 years now so this isn't gonna benefit me. Thanks for the info though. A feature I'd love would be the ability to disable that new guide screen they added a few months ago that forces you to hit Guide twice to get to the actual TV guide. Real inconvenient, at least make it optional Rogers.

Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor

@SolidSawyer if you go into the self service menu in the first screen that pops up when you press guide you can change the order that the quickstart/guide show in. This way you can have guide first. I know it doesn't eliminate the quick start but it does help. Or exchange for a cisco box as it doesn't have the quickstart yet...
Hooter
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@SolidSawyer

Actually, Rogers did add that feature a number of months ago. First, hit guide to access the Quick Start menu. Then scroll down to "Self Service" and click "select". Scroll down again to "Change GUIDE Order"  and click "select" again. Then click on "TV Listings first". From now on, when you hit guide it will take you straight to the TV guide. If you don't want to be bothered with the Quick Start Menu at all, be sure to hit "exit" after viewing the TV listings.

SolidSawyer
I Plan to Stick Around

That is great news, I had no idea. Thanks guys.

TimBee
I Plan to Stick Around

There is a way to set it so you can get the guide on the first hit of the guide button.

RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for the help everyone!

@SolidSawyer

Don't forget to offer a thumbs up if you like posts.

YakaFett
I've Been Here Awhile

Does anyone else notice that their 8300HD powers up the hardrive then it powers down every few minutes since the firmware update even if it is off?  I am afraid its going burn out my harddrive.  Has anyone successfully got Rogers to admit this is a problem? 

pmcsplaza
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@RogersErin wrote:

Thanks for the help everyone!

@SolidSawyer

Don't forget to offer a thumbs up if you like posts.

RogersErin, does anyone at Rogers read these forums and act upon what's being discussed?   Or is it regarded as a place for people to let off steam and nothing more?

The latter I suspect.

Peter
Toronto
RogersErin

Hi pmcsplaza,

Yes, Rogers reads our forums and passes along suggestions from community members.

We created this venue to provide a positive and growing place where you can candidly discuss your technical issues, and express your ideas, comments, questions and concerns.

While we have a Community Manager and Moderators, our forums are intended as a peer-to-peer community and, like any public forum, there are basic community guidelines and rules everyone is expected to follow, so everyone can enjoy  the community experience.

We want you to directly benefit from our new interactive technical support forum.

Enjoy 🙂

pmcsplaza
I'm a Trusted Contributor

That's good, thank you.

Peter
Toronto