PVR Recordings wiped out overnight! Nextbox 3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

PVR Recordings wiped out overnight! Nextbox 3

Sometime between 11pm last night and 11am this morning all of my recorded programs disappeared! Scheduled future recordings are all still listed but my PVR is now at 0% full and everything previously recorded us gone. I've tried rebooting and nothing has changed.

Is there a known way to retrieve these programs or am I out of luck? Is there a way to prevent this in the future?

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: PVR Recordings wiped out overnight! Nextbox 3

Hello Plibra

I have had this done on my 8642 PVR last year & many others had the same issue. Now i do not know if its the same thing on the NextBox 3.0 as mine are all still there.

Unfortunately there is no way of getting the recordings back & there is no way of preventing this of happening. Sometimes Software updates do this. I have noticed this on phones / computers & other electronics.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ack! Since I posted this a message just popped up saying that my scheduled recordings at 8pm won't record because there's no room on my PVR! It's at 0%, and even before everything vanished I was only at 25%! I guess I need to call tech support 😞
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Plibra

You can try on the settings to do a factory reset on the box. This will bring the box back to the factory state when you first got it. It may just need that. I have heard many stories like this after this happened 😞
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you, I will try that.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Plibra

I hope this helps you!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Now I have a Cisco info page and "cd00" on the display on the box, it doesn't appear to be doing anything as it's been over 20 mins. Called Rogers tech support, I'm sure it's surprising to all to know that they immediately said the box is fried and I need to exchange it. Lovely.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Plibra

It showed that to me & i left it for a day. It went back to normal after a day. Here is a thread already made months ago about this error.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Argh. It started to seem like it was doing something but now I'm stuck in an endless boot cycle. I'll just leave it alone overnight and see what happens, can't exchange it at this time of night anyway. Thanks for your help, you were more helpful than tech support, that's for sure 😕
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Plibra

Exactly! Leave it & see what happens. If nothing happens tomorrow, try one last time to reboot it & see if that fixes it. If it does not then go to the store & exchange it for another box!. Hopefully it does come back up & working for you by the morning so you won't have to make that trip!.

You are welcome:)