PVR Guide not updating properly

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: PVR Guide not updating properly

I'm in Ottawa and I had the problem of no guide information the last couple of days as well, though all my recordings were still there and available to watch. Last night I did a box reset ( settings-troubleshooting-reset box) and everything is back to normal.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I watch Rogers TV Local Programming on Channel 510 (Durham Region). For some time now, the guide doesn't show any programming at all. All is shows is "Rogers TV Oshawa/Whitby" and nothing else, from 12 - 12. 

Is there a reason none of the programs are shown anymore in the Guide on the Local Rogers TV channels? It's now impossible to record anything on the PVR for the Rogers Channel, unless you find it on the internet TV schedule and then manually put in the times. Actually I even tried that but it didn't seem to work either.

I still have Explorer 8300HD digital PVR, not NextBox.

Sorry if this is a repeat but I couldn't find this topic at all in previous posts. Thanks.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My comment has been moved to this group, but my problem is NOT that the PVR Guide isn't updating properly.

My problem is that the Local ROGERS TV Channel in the guide is not showing any programming at all. It is not a problem of "updating", it is that Rogers isn't listing anything - only says Rogers TV Oshawa/Whtby  12 - 12. All other channels are fine, but the Rogers Channels (510 and 10) do not give any listings, and it used to list all programs.

Can someone else check this and see if their guide is doing the same thing? It is only for the Local Rogers TV listings.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

It would be an issue with the station and the guide provider, and not your box.

I know Ottawa's Rogers station had full guide info.

The sucky part is there's nothing you can do about it on your end. There is a mixup somewhere between the station and the guide provider.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you - do you know who I could contact about this?

The Durham Rogers station had full guide info as well, until the last couple of weeks. Suddenly it changed with no warning or explanation and has remained this way.

I guess I can try phoning Rogers about it, although usually when I have phoned them about anything they have not been able to give satisfactory answers. This time I thought I'd try the forum first. Thanks for your reply.