PVR Guide not updating properly

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: PVR Guide not updating properly

Rogers does not know about every small town's council meetings, their schedule information comes from a third party. Of course, you can contact Rogers directly and point out the error and ask them to alert their guide provider. There were a lot of complaints here about movie descriptions and that got fixed.

My local (Woodstock) council meetings and news is on channel 13 and what the Rogers guide shows is me is correct and that's what I see. However, when I look at the Zap2it guide, channel 13 is London and is totally different. I'm glad Rogers isn't using Zap2it for their information.

(Curiously, my local paper, when I still subscribed and it still published the TV schedule, also showed the Rogers London channel instead of the Woodstock one. I wrote to them a number of times and received a reply from the editor they would look into it, but they never did,)

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've been watching local council meetings on Rogers for years. Rogers makes the decision locally as to which meetings they will cover - they rotate. This is not provided by a third party - it is Rogers local programs and programming.

When they have different listings on their website, the PVR Guide, and then end up with a third council instead actually covered, that is just plain sloppy.

As for them fixing the movie descriptions - they did finally add the date, and the full description now fits in the space provided for "info", but they have removed names of actors at the end of description. They used to provide at least one or two names, now nothing. Two steps forward and one step backward.

Both service and accuracy have changed, and with the introduction of NB3 (which a lot of people are having problems with) other things have gone downhill. That is the point I was trying to make.

I'd be more patient (as I used to be) if there weren't so many different issues happening all at once and Rogers seems oblivious to many of them. These are things I can't defend them on any longer.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What old yeller was trying to say is, that the DATA in the guide that you see...
ROGERS is not the one that is filling that information out.
Pretty much ALL TV providers obtain their guide info, etc like that from 3rd party sources who just do guide data.

So guide inaccuracy, as to WHAT info is in there.. can be due to that 3rd party not updating it properly.

The GUIDE not updating info at all on the box.  Yes, that is rogers.

Yes, there are a few people having issues with the NB3... but there has been ALOT less issue/complaints with the NB3 compared to the NB2 PVR.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@ksam2 wrote:

I've been watching local council meetings on Rogers for years. Rogers makes the decision locally as to which meetings they will cover - they rotate. This is not provided by a third party - it is Rogers local programs and programming.

You're right, it's the Rogers local channel and Rogers decides what to air. Maybe they made the change and it was relayed to whoever compiles the guide too late or not at all. You need to complain to the local Rogers office directly.

An there's the problem. At least where I live, there was a local number to call and the phone rang in a local building and was answered by local staff who knew what you were talking about, whether it was about local programming or a cable problem on your street. Now it's an 800 number at some call centre in an undisclosed location answered by people who have no clue.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Agreed. Rogers local help is lacking. It was nice being able to speak with someone who understood what you were talking about. Hence my comment that Rogers Customer Service (and customer satisfaction) has been going downhill. I hope they realize that word of mouth is important in attracting new customers and retaining old ones. Poor reviews won't help Rogers in the long run.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have contacted Rogers about this problem, with no answers.

I don't think all the blame can be put on the backs of the '3rd party', when not only is the guide wrong, but even the Rogers website which shows all the local programming. Clarington Council on the PVR Guide on the TV, Pickering Council for the same time, same day on the Rogers local website, and the Council actually shown in that time spot, that day was Whitby Council.

Now that's just plain sloppy. And Rogers doesn't seem to care. I feel sorry for their phone tech people because much of the time they don't have a clue what is going on and even they seem unable to get answers. They're not to blame either, but someone higher-up in the company must be held accountable. We pay good money for these services, and Rogers isn't cheap. I was a very loyal supporter of Rogers until recently, now I'm just not so sure. I've been with them for a long time and seeing how service has gone downhill is disturbing. What will next year be like, or the year after? 

I just can't defend them anymore, on here or to friends and family. It's like losing an old friend.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I'm in Stittsville and this is second time this happens. I open the tv and guide in the morning and tv working and shows awe playing but the guide itself is blank showing "no information" for all shows !!!
Worse thing is that I've LOST ALL of my recordings that I had not watched yet !!!
I had to reboot box but nothing can be done to redo all of recordings again ..... Very very upset

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It could be one of a few things.

A) if the hard drive per chance is going.. that could cause it to have to re-build.. and loose all the recordings.

You have rebooted it again, since the loss of the recordings?

B) could be something signal related.  USUALLY when you cant get guide info, its due to it not being able to communicate out to rogers.  You could have a good enough singal to get the TV, but not the extra communication needed for the guide, RoD, etc.
If it was having such an issue.. it MIGHT Have sent a re-build type command, assuming that it thought the box was corrupt, etc

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

The box is only few months old and I've had this problem with other boxes as we'll but second time for this one. The techs have come in many many times and tried changing all inside and outside wires and say signal is good .... Not sure I want another guy to come by and try and figure it out I guess because I have it get techs here sometimes 4-6 times a year . I did reboot box and now shows appear on guide but I did still lose all mu recordings as we'll as all mu upcoming shows which I'll have to remember and reprogram them all

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

is it bought or a rental? (and which box)
That its only a few months that you've had it.. may not mean much if a rental, could be a much older drive, etc in it... if its the HDD.

Though the miss communication, (even say from something down inbetween you and rogers), and it forcing the wipe is more likely 😞

My wife keeps HOURS AND HOUR of stuff to 'watch later' on there.. i keep telling her.. its never guaranteed to stay and could disapear at any time 😛